Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Accuquilt problem - help!! :( (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/accuquilt-problem-help-t77372.html)

mpayne9205 11-19-2010 11:23 AM

I've only had my Accuquilt GO! since September and used it a few times. The other night, the handle started to stop turning after 3 rounds. Not enough to get the fabric/die/mat through completely. It does this whether I'm cutting fabric or it's empty.

I'm on hold with Accuquilt CS now, but wondered if anyone else has had this problem and/or a solution??

CarrieAnne 11-19-2010 12:02 PM

Oh, no! I havnt, but I hope they help you out. I have heard there customer service is great. Let us know!

BellaBoo 11-19-2010 12:13 PM

Let us know the solution.

CoyoteQuilts 11-19-2010 12:59 PM

I was on a blog awhile ago when this same thing happened. If I remember correct, she ended up with a new GO!, 'cause it was in the mechanism not the handle itself.

Candace 11-19-2010 03:46 PM

I've heard of several people having the same problem with their GO. Sorry:<

mpayne9205 11-20-2010 11:52 AM

Thanks everyone! They are shipping out a new GO! to me on Tuesday. :)

vanessaquilts 01-17-2011 06:21 PM

Be careful with Accuquilt, they are having so many problems with those handles, seems they were not made to be strong and take all the cranking that goes with the fabric cutting.
So many people have had to deal with this. They are replacing the machines at this time, they know it is a big weakness in the machines, they are not happy to hand out new machines to everyone, rumor has it they are going to make us send them back and pay postage etc to try deter the whole process.
I have sold my accuquilt, got one and the handle went! so when I got a replacement - I advertised it and sold it quickly - once bitten etc!! I have bought the Sizzix Big Shot Pro - Quilters Fabric cutter, what a difference! It is so sturdy, stable and the fabric goes through like butter!
got a really great deal at this store www.stitchintheditch.com they do have all the fabric cutters so can advise you on each
like the fact that they are quilters so can speak with knowledge. I can use all my accuquilt dies in this machine which was the deciding factor for me, the sizzix dies are pretty great, the accuquilt patterns and videos all work with this fabric cutter -- well they are all fabric cutters after all!
So my advise is watch your wonky handles on those accuquilt machines and think hard about the long term situation

Alice Allard 01-01-2012 11:32 AM

I have had my AccuQuilt Go since September and have not used it much. i went to use it today and have the same problem as above. Handle makes 2 1/2 revolutions in either direction and stops. Really hate this as i want to get started on a quilt now but have to wait to have my problem solved...............alice

luvTooQuilt 01-01-2012 11:56 AM

Im sorry you guys are having a problem.. I got my go when they first came out - wonder if they changed manufacturers??