Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Elf Stocking Mug Rug tute (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/elf-stocking-mug-rug-tute-t77564.html)

Bobbinchick 11-20-2010 09:04 AM

8 Attachment(s)
:-D :-D :-D Here is my tute for the cute Elf Stockings that Sue Fish and I have made. you will need some small pieces of fabrics and some for the crown for the top of the stocking. 2 pieces of green orwhat ever color you choose and two pieces for the stocking what every color you choose and one piece of nbatting. I usedwarm and natural. And of coursr the pattern pieces which I will post so you can down load them and use them. THe measurements are on the pattern pieces.

1.) Cut pattern out, no need for batting for the crowns. Cut two of crown and two of the stocking and one for the stocking out od batting.

2.) Pin rightsides together and batting for the stocking and sew then together leaving the tops open for turning.

3.) Trim all curve with pinking sheers. I trimmed all the way around wiht mine.

4.)turn right side out.

5.) Press.

6.) Sew crown on to the back of stocking and then turn it to the front and top stitch with matching threads. I used a light color so it can be seen. Add a little bell and your done! Note,, on the one crown i ended up tossing as I had poked a hole iont it so be very careful about that one.
So I put lace on one and there are many variations for embellishments. Have fun and let us see some pictures too, Huggies, Fay Now for the pictures...

Sew Stocking and crowns together right sides together
[ATTACH=CONFIG]130115[/ATTACH]

Pattern for Elf Stocking
[ATTACH=CONFIG]130120[/ATTACH]

Crowns for Elf Stocking
[ATTACH=CONFIG]130121[/ATTACH]

Cut out the pattern
[ATTACH=CONFIG]130122[/ATTACH]

Trim wiht pinking sheers
[ATTACH=CONFIG]130134[/ATTACH]

Turn right side out & press
[ATTACH=CONFIG]130135[/ATTACH]

Stitch crown or lace to the back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]130136[/ATTACH]

turn crowns to the front and top stitch it inplace , add a bell and your done! Enjoy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]130138[/ATTACH]

amma 11-20-2010 09:19 AM

Thank you for the tute :D:D:D

Matilda 11-20-2010 09:38 AM

Thank you so much! These are so cute!

Bobbinchick 11-20-2010 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by amma
Thank you for the tute :D:D:D

:D If you use the crown with the points on it, you might want to make the points a tad wider as they are hard to poke out when turning. I poked a hole in the one I was going to use for the tute so I ended up with lace instead, but you can use any types of embellishments on these. Huggies, Fay

littlehud 11-20-2010 09:41 AM

Wonderful. Thanks for the tute.

Bobbinchick 11-20-2010 09:47 AM

Your welcome. I forgot to resize the pattern pieces for easier posting. Huggies, Fay

belmer 11-20-2010 10:57 AM

Thankyou so much for sharing this with us. These are so cute.

CarrieAnne 11-20-2010 01:01 PM

Thanks, they are really cute!

BMP 11-20-2010 01:41 PM

So cute and festive, thanks for the tute and drawings

Sue Fish 11-20-2010 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by littlehud
Wonderful. Thanks for the tute.

Great tut! So cute. Thanks