Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   menopause (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/menopause-t82639.html)

mountain deb 12-13-2010 04:54 PM

I am going through it right now, actually been there, wish it would stop already. Started on herbal supplements years ago for mood swings and regularity, I was irregular with the cycle, which by the way does help! Now I am on day 15 of my cycle. Has anyone else had this trouble or other problems associated with menopause???? Would appreciate some encouragement right about now, THANKS.

shequilts 12-13-2010 04:56 PM

And I quote, "this too shall pass." I thought I might lose my mind, (come to think about it, I did) but nobody even noticed. Hang in there. We're cheering you on.

mary quite contrary 12-13-2010 04:56 PM

I was REALLY crabby. My DH is a saint. He says he never wants to take another wife through that. I am sorry to everyone I was awful to.

diane647 12-13-2010 05:00 PM

I had terrible anxiety with menopause. Hang in there it does pass, of course it takes time. Remember that you are not in menopause untill you have not had a period for a complete year. I also found that walking daily helps also don"t be afraid to speak with your medical professional. Don't take hormones they may do more harm than good. Consult you doctor. Try going to the mayo clinic on the web for more information. There are good books that can help.

watterstide 12-13-2010 05:02 PM

i am not moody..at least no one has the guts to tell me here at house! ;)
i just have the hot flashes and night sweats..i am 54, been going through this for about 4 years now..
hang in there...

mary quite contrary 12-13-2010 05:03 PM

I agree with Diane about not taking hormone replacements. I was told by a Dr that it just postpones the inevitable. If I have to go through menopause anyway I may as well do it the natural way.

OneMoreQuilt 12-13-2010 05:15 PM

I'm sorry. Please know that you are not alone. Besides all the rest, I got hot about 4 years and I'm still waiting for the flash. I drive my family and co-workers nuts because I wear sandals until there is snow on the ground, can't stand long sleeves and don't want the temp. past 65. During the summer I turn the air cond. so low I get it to be around 64 in the basement and go down there to quilt. There's a good book, "The Wisdom of Menopause" (auth. Northrup). If you need sympathy, somebody to yell at or just a good talk you can PM me. It doesn't last forever! Lots of luck. Laurel

cabbagepatchkid 12-13-2010 05:17 PM

You are in Peri-menopause. That is the period (no pun intended :roll: ) "before" your periods stop. Since I have been in menopause for several years I have to say the hot flashes gave me the most problems. I didn't realize that you aren't supposed to have 20+ hot flashes a day. My GYN prescribed Zoloft for the hot flashes and it helped with the anxiety, also. Now I just have to deal with 'brain fog'. Maybe someone on here has a remedy for that.

There is a web site called "minniepauz"

http://www.minniepauz.com/

It's a pretty good site if you want to laugh about it. Good luck. I can say, for sure, I don't miss that monthly visit from Auntie Flo....hahahah!

berryberry 12-13-2010 05:21 PM

Laugh hard and long! I seem to get my power surges while I'm in Target. Good grief! I start sweating and before I can get out of there my hair is wet. To somebody else seeing it, it must be a sight. Of course, I feel like I could slide in between the cracks, but whatever. Best part is although I love children, I don't have any little ones. Everything has it's season.

watterstide 12-13-2010 05:24 PM

i forgot to add, this month,december, is 12 months without a period. the doctor would not check my hormone level until i missed 12 months in a row..
what a guy..
and husband told me..no it hasn't been 12 months? has it? ..i didn't realize he was paying that much attention to me..ROFL