Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Overload...So Much Info (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/overload-so-much-info-t83626.html)

plainpat 12-18-2010 03:40 AM

How do you all keep up with the board? Do you not read certain ones?
The posters are sure testing my patience! Every day there are new pics,new tutes,lots of links,resources,how tos,patterns & what else?

I've saved & bookmarked so much...poor computer will prob go to puter heaven with the heavy load it's carrying.There's no way in the world I could ever make even 1/4th of all this,even if I was a young woman....& I'm a long,long ways from young.

Kind of reminds me of buying stash, don't need it,will never use it....but!!!!! I think it's catching.You're all the best at sharing & I'm still in line.

granky 12-18-2010 04:13 AM

I'm interested in knowing too! I tell myself that I can't read everything, but so far, myself hasn't listened and is still trying. Will have to make some tough decisions soon...what to keep up with...what to pretend I don't see...

grann of 6 12-18-2010 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by granky
I'm interested in knowing too! I tell myself that I can't read everything, but so far, myself hasn't listened and is still trying. Will have to make some tough decisions soon...what to keep up with...what to pretend I don't see...

My wrist is really bothering me today. It is caused by one of two things, too much keyboard exercise (nawwwww!) or the 9 gingerbread houses I cut out and baked yesterday. I have arthritis in my right wrist and bending it is non-existent. I would be a whole lot closer to being ready for the Gingerbread party tomorrow and Christmas next week if I would stay off here :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: We won't even talk about lack of sleep because of mentally going over all the great ideas I read during the day....

plainpat 12-18-2010 05:03 AM

Ha.....notice you're on here now, but so am I.

janRN 12-18-2010 05:51 AM

Hmm-I wonder if I'd get more sewing done if I wasn't always reading here and getting even MORE ideas to add to my wanna do list? (It's up to #367 now!!)
I always read Watched Topics and Unread topics first; don't want to miss anything.

JulieM 12-18-2010 05:54 AM

I am with you on this. What I am doing is reading the unread messages, 4-6 times a day.
JulieM

davidwent 12-18-2010 05:58 AM

I was going to ask the same question! LOL To sew or to read?
David

Borntohandquilt 12-18-2010 06:31 AM

Well, I must admit I only read the topics I could maybe know an answer for! I don't have a clue of questions about sewing machines, long arms, piecing techniques, EQ-Programms etc. and I try to find the topics regarding hand quilting.

quiltinghere 12-18-2010 06:34 AM

LOL try the 'online timer' It may help

I usually start with the UNREAD TOPICS - scan the titles and look at the one's that MAKE SENSE -
I skip the ones that are vague - like
"OH LOOK" - "NEED HELP" - "I CAN"T DO IT" "HERE"S ANOTHER ONE"
Oh Look? at what? - Need help? with what - I can't do it? What?
Here's another one? Of WHAT? :shock:
(all titles just made up by me)

Am I alone?

quiltingaz 12-18-2010 06:41 AM

I don't know the answer to your question but if I spent more time sewing and less time here I would get a lot more projects done. :lol: