Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Janome machines (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/janome-machines-t86792.html)

Inge 01-01-2011 12:40 PM

Many have said wonderful things about their Janome. The one thing I have seen is that everyone hates that stupid little screw. Talked with my Janome dealer and they sell a bigger screw for alittle over a dollar. Wow I love my bigger screw. It does help.

Ps 150 01-01-2011 12:44 PM

I'm not sure I know what screw you're talking about. I have a Janome 6500 and my two girls (ages 6 and 8) each have used Janome Quilter's Companions but we've never had a problem. Are you talking about the small screw hole where the seam-liner screws into?

nativetexan 01-01-2011 12:54 PM

i hate the short screw driver for the screw in the faceplate.

scowlkat 01-01-2011 01:14 PM

I bought a set of stubby screwdrivers (one flat head and one phillips) from Harbor Freight and they are wonderful for getting to the faceplate and other tight places. Think I paid $2-3. My hubby even asked me to get him a set as well as several of my guild members. The handle is big enough to get a good grip but the blade is only about 1 inch long.

featherweight 01-01-2011 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by scowlkat
I bought a set of stubby screwdrivers (one flat head and one phillips) from Harbor Freight and they are wonderful for getting to the faceplate and other tight places. Think I paid $2-3. My hubby even asked me to get him a set as well as several of my guild members. The handle is big enough to get a good grip but the blade is only about 1 inch long.

I have the same set. Aren't they the greatest? That is the ones they should include in all attachment boxes when we purchase a machine.

Hosta 01-01-2011 02:55 PM

I know what you mean when I take off the plate it a PIA

gale 01-01-2011 03:00 PM

I thought she meant the screw that holds the foot on. Mine is fine for the accufeed feet but for the regular foot holder I have to be careful because in order to unscrew it enough to get the foot off the screw almost comes completely out. I have to be really careful to unscrew and keep trying to take the foot off at the same time, little by little.

gingerella 01-01-2011 06:11 PM

I have several Janomes and I can attest to the wretched little screw on the faceplate as well as the wretched little screw driver ...

My fix? I never screw it in. I just leave it off and it does not hamper me in any way while sewing. The faceplate just sits where it's supposed to with no problems.

gale 01-01-2011 06:57 PM

I guess I've never had a problem with the screws in the face plate. My machine came with a little flat thing to unscrew it and I just loosen it, then do the rest with my finger.

milkbone 01-01-2011 07:57 PM

I have 2 Janome machines---6600 and the Janome Platinum---and I hate the screws in the faceplate----actually I hate the angle the screwdriver has to be in to get to the screws. I can't wait till Harbor Freight opens----I am going to go get the screwdriver set---hope that helps.

One other question----on my Janome 6600, I have the special bobbin holder for quilting. Will it hurt if I keep that in for regular sewing all of the time? I do see a difference when I quilt with it compared to the normal holder but will I be hurting anything if I use it all of the time?