Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My practice quilt is done (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-practice-quilt-done-t88278.html)

pamkasperi 01-06-2011 08:03 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Well I practiced - matching my points; using left over material; quilt as you go; using satin baby quilt binding on the edges; different foots to quilt a design with just my regular sewing machine.

I used fleece for the backing since there are some glaring errors and I'll probably use this as a curl up on the couch and watch a movie blanket or take to the soccer field.

While its crazy and not that great - I have to say I had the most fun doing it because I knew the mistakes didn't matter!

Glad to know I made "flying geese" (someone posted that last night) I just thought I put half a triangle together :oops:

everything lined up perfect on the right but the last three strips on the left didn't...have no clue what happened
[ATTACH=CONFIG]155279[/ATTACH]

littlehud 01-06-2011 08:05 PM

I think it looks great. What errors. I can't see any. Great job and thanks for sharing.

mimom 01-06-2011 08:05 PM

you may call it a practice quilt, but I think it is worthy of a place on the couch

hperttula123 01-06-2011 08:07 PM

I think it's great!!! It is good to get practice in. Looks comfy!!! :)

pamkasperi 01-06-2011 08:11 PM

I put it on the rocking chair behind me (my computer faces the wall)....I turned around to post the same pictures on my facebook page and then turned back around and its gone.

My 12 year old SON took it and is on his bad reading - and looked at me - smiled and said "MINE"!!! I said - its pink and purple Paul! He said "So - its soft and fluffy!"

I told him I would make him one just like it and he said no because then I would try and make it perfect and it wouldn't be as good!

I LOVE my kids!!!

pamkasperi 01-06-2011 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by littlehud
I think it looks great. What errors. I can't see any. Great job and thanks for sharing.

Thanks Patti - the only part that really bothers me is where the stips didn't line up on the left - I guess I didn't measure as carefully as I thought....

smarkin 01-06-2011 08:15 PM

I think it's beautiful. You should see my first one oh my I threw it away my DH rescued it and kept it. 2 1/2 years later I now own a LA. Have fun and enjoy what you create and the imperfections I call a little extra LOVE. Thanks for the photo's

QuiltedAngel 01-06-2011 08:16 PM

Oh No!!!
The Quilting Fairy of loved blankets has run off with your quilt!
Kids are the best, mine love everything I make and the term from thier cold dead hands when it comes to those quilts is a definate! ;-)

Lynn Luker 01-06-2011 08:55 PM

Congrats on finishing your first quilt. Now you are hooked! Keep the same attitude, make it fun and remember if it can't be seen driving by on a train (or is it a horse?) going 35 mph it doesn't matter!

Jill 01-06-2011 11:19 PM

I'd say you have a mighty precious son and quilt! Keep having fun with your quilting. For me, it's a hobby and fun, not a matter of life or death.