Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   "Traditional" Quilts and "Non-Tradtional" Quilters (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/%22traditional%22-quilts-%22non-tradtional%22-quilters-t89980.html)

jetnica 01-12-2011 05:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So,

I'm really struggling with this quilt top.

30 blocks that are EXACTLY the same. I'm 14 blocks into it and I'm bored.

I guess I like sampler quilts/non-traditional quilts where there is variety?

Here's the preview -- super rough blocks, but I need 16 more!!

ugh.

RatherB Quilting 01-12-2011 05:15 PM

You can DO it!! They are beautiful! You will be SO pleased with yourself if you can finish it!

mommamac 01-12-2011 05:17 PM

have you ever tried 'factory' style - do all of one step for all, then go to step 2, etc...

KimmieH 01-12-2011 05:18 PM

i know the feeling.....i just finished blocks for a quilt..8" blocks and i needed 63 for lap quilt.....i quit at 56 LOL i got bored with the repetition too

yours are really nice.....keep going!

feline fanatic 01-12-2011 05:19 PM

Oh please stick with it. Your colors are so yummy. At least you are doing the blocks with different colors to break it up a touch. Think of it this way, you are almost half way there!

But I too get bored with repetition. I am currently working on the PP border for my sawtooth cat quilt and it is getting a bit tedious. But I am sticking with it. I have other projects to help break up the monotony, like a handquilting project downstairs and pretty soon something on the longarm. I think it helps to have more than one project going at a time. But usually I have concurrent project in different stages. I try to stick with piecing one project until that piecing is done. But have been known to break up the piecing with a quickie, like a block swap on this board, or sewing up some crumb blocks or working on a scrap log cabin that is has been off and on for years. Mostly due to needing to build up the scraps and cut them into the needed logs.

Chele 01-12-2011 05:19 PM

Yawn, I'm with you. I love traditional quilts, but my attention span is that of a gnat. Those blocks sure are pretty though.

Jennifer22206 01-12-2011 05:20 PM

those are beautiful blocks. Keep it up - it will turn out lovely.

If you like variety, try the Dear Jane. Trust me, after a while you'll really want to go back to "a few of the same" :D

jetnica 01-12-2011 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by mommamac
have you ever tried 'factory' style - do all of one step for all, then go to step 2, etc...

lol that's where I'm at now.

i cut all the pieces out in october. put the pieces for each block in a seperate baggie.

now i'm sewing the blocks together.

when i get 10 finished i trim all the extra thread, iron, and square up those ten.

then i start on another 10. -- it's a break i desperately need.

i'm going to go force myself to work on this. the sooner i get it done the sooner i can send it to charismah to get it quilted!! :D :lol: :D 8-) :D

kathdavis 01-12-2011 05:22 PM

Keep going! You are almost half way there. Your colors are great!

charmpacksplus 01-12-2011 05:22 PM

You're almost half way! But I know the feeling.... I was working on one that needed 49 blocks and I set it aside for a while. When I started back again about six months later the blocks were not the same size. I think I had gotten a new machine by then and I cut the strips the wrong size too.