Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Guess what I did... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/guess-what-i-did-t90892.html)

Lady Shivesa 01-15-2011 06:19 PM

I got a funny story for you.

First, let me explain that I am a "new-ish" quilter. I've been piecing and quilting since last oh, September maybe? So anyway, being a newer quilter, I've kept the same rotary cutter with the same blade in it since my MIL gave it to me. Sure, it doesn't cut well, but I just kept using it anyways.

So I was pretty delighted when my dear MIL gave me some rotary blades for Christmas!

I went ahead and changed the blade out and merrily went on my way cutting, piecing, sewing, etc. Only I started to notice a problem. My fabric, when I cut it, was looking shredded kind of. I thought maybe it was poor quality fabric and that it was just falling apart...or maybe that I was cutting it on the wrong grain thing...

Anyways, upon getting frustrated and glancing at it this evening, I suddenly discovered there was more than one blade in the rotary cutter.

Get this, ladies and gents, I put ALL FIVE blades into the rotary cutter, because I didn't realize there was more than one in the package!!!

:D :D :D :D

So next time you feel absolutely ridiculous about something - just think about me, and you won't feel so bad!! :D

sueisallaboutquilts 01-15-2011 06:22 PM

That's toooo funny!!!!!!!! How in the world did you get all 5 on it??
Okay, I'll remember you, dear Alexis!! lol :D:D

Ramona Byrd 01-15-2011 06:22 PM

Are you any kin to me? That's the way my family seems to really learn something, we have to do it the wrong way to get it in our minds how to do it right.

isnthatodd 01-15-2011 06:24 PM

Don't be too hard on yourself. As you continue to read on the board, you will find that all of us make mistakes, some of them really very silly. If you pay attention, you will also learn a lot about how to avoid others' mistakes. I have averted disaster several times because I read someone's post and paid attention. :lol:

irishrose 01-15-2011 06:27 PM

Thank you for my laugh for the day. I needed it as I am taking a break from stitching in the ditch on a quilt. It's okay to do things that as long as you learn from it - that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Vicki W 01-15-2011 06:34 PM

What a nice gift, glad you figured it out. Everyone makes mistakes, we just have to learn from them.

littlehud 01-15-2011 06:44 PM

How funny. I can laugh because I've done things like that. We live and learn.

fabric lover 01-15-2011 06:49 PM

ROFL, great!!! That could easily happen to me too LOL

pocoellie 01-15-2011 06:49 PM

LOL!!

franie 01-15-2011 06:53 PM

I did the same thing but only with two. But the Gingher holder would not close--I am like how did I break it? Finally fingured it out but it is scary handling those blades all stuck together...