Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   UFO'S Am I all Alone with (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ufos-am-i-all-alone-t93701.html)

trif 01-25-2011 07:55 AM

No UFO'S! Okay so I don't count the project as a UFO until I actually start it, so if I purchase a kit and just set it aside to work on (someday) then it doesn't count, right? So, back to the original question. Am I the ONLY neurotic quilter who has to finish the project? Now I do usually have 1-3 Quilts or projects going at a time, but I don't leave them for long. I did have a wallet I tried to make some time ago, had a really hard time with it and finally gave up and gave away. However, I dont have UFO'S, am I the Odd quilter?

irishrose 01-25-2011 08:00 AM

I said I don't have any and, like you, I don't want any, but a thread yesterday reminded me that I do have a put aside wall hanging. I tried to make an eight pointed star with chintz or polished cotton. It wouldn't lay down nicely so it's buried somewhere.

I am in a stash reducing year. If I don't finish a quilt, then it will take up space, so there will be no UFOs.

You are not alone!

Raggiemom 01-25-2011 08:03 AM

I like to work on several things at once. But I am trying to finish what I start within a reasonable period of time. The reason my UFOs piled up is because I liked doing the tops but not finishing them. So now I am slowly finishing the tops I accumulated. The pile is getting smaller. :)

np3 01-25-2011 08:43 AM

I'm a planner so it isn't a UFO to me if I do it on the schedule I have set up. Sometimes I do a lot of piecing and then do all the quilting at one time. Other times I start and finish a project all at once. I think that is because I don't like to change feet!!!

MrsM 01-25-2011 09:17 AM

I usually finish what I start otherwise it will bother me until it is done. :roll:

LovinMySoldier 01-25-2011 09:21 AM

No ufo's here :) I have 2 things that I am working on and that is it! Nothing hidden away. I can't bare to do that lol

pdcakm 01-25-2011 09:23 AM

you finishers really make me crazy. just kidding. i want to be you when i grow up.

bj 01-25-2011 09:25 AM

I don't have UFO's either. I do have a box of BOM and practice blocks, but I don't count that. I like to make the blocks for fun and between projects. I don't start a new quilt until I have the binding on the last one. It makes me too nervous and I don't have a lot of storage space. I'd love to have someone come out and build my closet in and make it a quilt friendly storage area. Right now it is just plastic crates and drawers. But I still wouldn't want a bunch of tops piled up in there unfinished.

sidmona 01-25-2011 09:26 AM

I usually finish piecing a top before starting another one. However, I do have pieced tops piling up that need to be quilted. My resolution this year is to dwindle down that pile.

ontheriver 01-25-2011 09:31 AM

No UFO's, just tops that need to be quilted. Quilting for me goes slower. I just put them in a pile and work from the top. When one is done I move on to the next. I make tops during the day and quilt at night while watching tv.