Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Fabrics I got today at the Dutchman's Store in Cantril (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/fabrics-i-got-today-dutchmans-store-cantril-t98950.html)

Rhonda 02-11-2011 10:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Dutchman's store is an old fashioned country store owned by a Mennonite family in a little town about 45 mins from us in SE Iowa. It has lots of great interesting stuff to look at. They also have a fabric side and their prices are priceless!!

Here are the fabrics I got today. I buy a yard at a time usually. These are in order from the left- price per yd:

3.29 / 3.99/2.99/ 4.95/ 3.79/ 2.99/ 2.85 /6.49.

These are not really on sale these are their prices most of the time. Most of their stuff averages around $4 -$5 on a regular basis. It is of course one of my favorite stores! There doesn't seem to be any raise in prices here any time soon! So if you are in the area go take a look weather permitting!!

fidgety 02-12-2011 04:09 AM

Oh how I miss that store!!!!!!!

Riversong 02-12-2011 09:41 AM

Very pretty!!

Rhonda 02-12-2011 09:49 AM

I was really wanting to know if the rising prices in LQS was going to affect the Dutchman's but I guess not! At least not yet!

I needed some red and white because I want to get back into the Doll Quilt Swap for March. I have been out of it for several months and miss doing it.

zennia 02-12-2011 10:54 AM

Like your fabrics. We have a small Amish community about 50 miles fromus. I love going there,cant wait until spring to go again. Wonder how much their prices will go up. Even if they do they are still cheaper then LQS.

Rhonda 02-12-2011 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by zennia
Like your fabrics. We have a small Amish community about 50 miles fromus. I love going there,cant wait until spring to go again. Wonder how much their prices will go up. Even if they do they are still cheaper then LQS.

We have another one about an hour and a half south of us. They are owned by the same family group but the one in Rutledge has more fabrics. One whole long wall of the store with fabric bolts that swing out away from the wall on curtain rod type hangers so they can get hundreds of bolts hung that way. You have to use small step ladders to reach the top bolts or to see them.
Unfortunately I only get there about once a year. I hope to go this spring!!

grannyQ 02-12-2011 02:52 PM

I also shop there for fabric. Also buy fabric at Kalona, IA.

Rhonda 02-12-2011 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by grannyQ
I also shop there for fabric. Also buy fabric at Kalona, IA.

GrannyQ where abouts are you located?

Lady-T 02-13-2011 04:05 AM

I've been wanting to get over there but the weather...flu...
sure hope you left some for me! ;-)

Baba71 02-13-2011 07:35 AM

Rhonda, I'm gonna make a trip over thewre one of these days, we had such a good time at the store.