Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
How do I post pictures ? >

How do I post pictures ?

How do I post pictures ?

Old 06-18-2012, 04:31 PM

Smile How do I post pictures ?

I know I am not computer literate. I know this but I keep on trying. Someone please help me post pictures. I went to the help button and clicked on it and it told me to look for 'insert image' icon. I absolutely cannot find it. I have gone up and down, over and under.....still no luck. So please someone, take pity on me and help me out. I thank you from the bottom of my heart !!!
Old 06-18-2012, 05:00 PM
Power Poster

if you do not see icons above your typing box, go to Settings, General Settings and scroll way down. Choose WYSIWYG and be sure to save your changes. Now you should see your icons. To add pics, the best way is to use the tree in the picture frame icon. HTH
Old 06-18-2012, 06:03 PM
Power Poster

Sorry no help here. I thought I had it conquered but no pictures for me the last time I tried too. I will have to have my computer geek walk me through the steps...again.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
Sorry no help here. I thought I had it conquered but no pictures for me the last time I tried too. I will have to have my computer geek walk me through the steps...again.
What Tartan said. I did the same as previoously and kept getting a weird msg. about it taking too long (only a few seconds...what? It's a race to post?) I'm thinking it's some little step I'm missing.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:21 AM

Do you want to insert the picture in your post or to your profile?
For post - at least in the 'quick reply' section - it is the third icon from the right.
For your profile click 'create album' then 'choose picture' followed by clicking the upload blue button on the right of the page and then click 'save changes' under the 'pending pictures' or they will all disappear. That was the bit I didn't see - I assumed 'pending' meant someone was going to have to approve them. Silly me!

Suzan
Old 06-26-2012, 01:12 PM

When I try to insert a picture, it only shows to upload by the URL. I want to browse from my computer and upload. How do I do that?
Old 06-26-2012, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by angeliawade View Post
When I try to insert a picture, it only shows to upload by the URL. I want to browse from my computer and upload. How do I do that?
Angelia, when you click on the "insert image" icon, also known as the "picture frame with a tree", does this box pop up? If so, you need to click on the words "From Computer", then it allows you to browse to the file on your computer. Odd that this usually works for me using both quick reply and advanced...but this afternoon, I had to go to advanced. Have you tried it both ways?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]344868[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails snap.jpg  
Old 06-27-2012, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by angeliawade View Post
My nephew came and was just amazed when I told him the message I got when I tried to upload. He said that message should never show up...and that it was a problem with the Board and not me. So, when you try to upload, hit the "Go Advanced" button. Then you should get a pop up that has two file tabs. One tab will say, "Computer" and the ohter "URL." Usually my "computer" tab is all ready to go and below that it has a rectangular box and the word "browse" next to it. Click the "browse" and it should take you into your computer. Hope this helps!