I give up!

Old 11-08-2013, 07:56 PM

Default I give up!

I have been watching in the shadows for months now and really am enjoying myself. Love all you quilters beautiful quilt. I have been quilting for over 40 years and love, love it. I more than anything want to show some of my work but here is where the problem begins. I just can't figure out how to do it, sooooo I give up! But I still will be here getting my entertainment until the wee hours of the morning. I just realized tonight that I can still ask and answer questions. Here is my first question. Can I quilt fleece backed cotton top like I would a cotton backed top? Never done this before and just have to try it. Thank you and hope I didn't bother you with babbling.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:19 PM

Welcome, from Texas! Maybe some of us can walk you through the picture posting. If I was more awake, I'd go into more detail . . . but right now, I'd only confuse us both. <--- That should be a 'sleepy' face but 'goofy' is the closest I could find.

I've done outline quilting, on a fleece-backed cotton top, with success. Turned out just fine. Many others have also backed quilts with fleece, so you'll get lots of encouragement.

Had to laugh at your 'babbling' comment. Just wait until you get to know some of us better . . . and you'll know what real babbling is! I mean that in a good way, though. We're just a friendly bunch and love to chat, which sometimes might be misinterpreted as babbling. It's all good.

Last edited by Neesie; 11-08-2013 at 08:23 PM. Reason: falling asleep and can't seem to spell! ACK!
Old 11-08-2013, 08:29 PM

Thank you Neesie for your help and encouragement. Remember I will be watching in the dark.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:38 PM

If your pictures on in a folder on your computer, you just need to go to the little aquare icon, click on it and it will have a place where you can "browse" for your pictures and then click upload. they should appear in your post BUT DO NOT PREVIEW YOUR PICTURE. It won't load up then.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:59 PM
Power Poster

I could never post pictures from my computer either. I find it easy to post from my iPad. Can't help with the fleece question as I have not quilted one with a fleece back yet.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:36 PM

I also have try to post pictures without success. I also have giving up trying
Old 11-08-2013, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by MrsDerf View Post
I have been watching in the shadows for months now and really am enjoying myself. Love all you quilters beautiful quilt. I have been quilting for over 40 years and love, love it. I more than anything want to show some of my work but here is where the problem begins. I just can't figure out how to do it, sooooo I give up! But I still will be here getting my entertainment until the wee hours of the morning. I just realized tonight that I can still ask and answer questions. Here is my first question. Can I quilt fleece backed cotton top like I would a cotton backed top? Never done this before and just have to try it. Thank you and hope I didn't bother you with babbling.
Something about my computer and the re-do for this board prevents me from posting pictures. And you and I are not alone.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by amyjo View Post
If your pictures on in a folder on your computer, you just need to go to the little aquare icon, click on it and it will have a place where you can "browse" for your pictures and then click upload. they should appear in your post BUT DO NOT PREVIEW YOUR PICTURE. It won't load up then.
Not that simple. Some of us can not load pics, regardless of how helpful people are.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:41 PM

1. Write comment then , go advanced press
2. Scroll down until you find, Manage Attachments press
3. Top, Choose file.press
4 . My selection always, Choose existing press, and camera roll press .
5. Select ONE picture you want
6. Go to the right of screen, upload, press.
7. It will load just below wait until it shows as loaded
8 if want to upload another go back up page and repeat.
9 I can only load from existing pics one at a time.
10 . Close window down at bottom of page.
11. Save ( don't preview).

This is how I do it on my iPad. Hope it helps.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:36 AM

The main reason pictures do not load is because their 'file size' is too big - in other words, with the advent of beautiful crisp, clear High Definition, referred to as 'HDR' on iPhones/iPads, the picture is simply too 'big' (uses too many pixels). Simply clicking on the little tree icon and then selecting 'Choose File' will simply not work - no matter how many times you try, lol. It doesn't matter if you do it from the icon or 'Advanced'. Ain't going to work!

If you're using an iPad or phone, going in to 'Settings', then 'Camera' and turning off the HDR setting should work. Retake your picture and you should be fine.

If you're trying to upload a picture from your computer you already have - then it's the same - your picture 'size' is too big and you will have to resize, i.e. make it smaller.

Probably the best way for you to find out how to resize is to 'Google' it, as it will depend on what photo viewing programme your computer uses, but I'll tell you how I do mine.

First, open up the picture as you would normally, then right-click and the drop down menu appears. I select 'Open With' and a list of Photo programmes appears. I use Microsoft Office.

Once you've opened a likely looking programme, you need to find the 'Edit' or better, 'Edit Pictures' menu, usually along the top. Click and scroll down to 'Resize'. In the new box that opens on the right, I then choose 'Resize' under the 'Change Picture Size' heading. I change the size to 75% of the original. You then have to 'Save' before you close.

If you don't want to change the original size of your photo permanently, make a copy before you start. It probably won't matter too much if you do change your original, unless you're enlarging your photo to later to print as a poster. If you right-click on your photo and scroll down the menu until 'Properties', this will tell how big your file is. If you make a mental note of this, you'll then be able to check if you've managed to make it smaller or not.

Good luck - looking forward to seeing those quilts!

Last edited by Knitette; 11-09-2013 at 12:38 AM.