Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
New format, good or bad?  What do others think? >

New format, good or bad? What do others think?

New format, good or bad? What do others think?

Old 11-15-2011, 07:19 PM

Default New format, good or bad? What do others think?

Have only in the last few days gotten back into the forum and so surprised to see the new format. It was like moving from a beloved home into a new one and just not feeling comfortable. One thing I don't feel especially good about is the caste system for members depending on how many posts they have, i.e. member, junior member, senior member, super member. That is what those labels mean, right? If I am wrong please let me know. The other thing that is hard to deal with is the way the messages on the forum are strung out across the page forever, requiring one to use the cursor to move the page along to the right and back to the left and then to the right and back to the left. Well, you probably get the idea and when it is an especially long thread it can get pretty annoying. Has anyone else found this to be the case? Would love some feedback on these issues. Thanks in advance, KitsyKeel
Old 11-15-2011, 07:27 PM
Power Poster

My messages are not that wide wonder if it is a setting on your computer that is making it so big ? As for the titles you are correct they are linked to how many times you have posted an answer to a topic.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:30 PM

We had designations on the old board. I was a regular unless I missed posting for a few days. Now I'm a senior member. I think it is still based on number of posts.

mltquilt
Old 11-15-2011, 07:51 PM

Question Signed on for a Cadillac...got a Volkswagon

I signed up to be a member just as the big change was taking place...
the new format is confusing, and although I keep coming back every
day, it seems like the same topics show up several days in a row. By
the time I wade through all the ads and find a new topic I am defeated,
feel like I am missing a lot. The old format was so nice, easy and informal,
I can't help but wonder why somebody had to mess with it.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by mymaremy View Post
I signed up to be a member just as the big change was taking place...
the new format is confusing, and although I keep coming back every
day, it seems like the same topics show up several days in a row. By
the time I wade through all the ads and find a new topic I am defeated,
feel like I am missing a lot. The old format was so nice, easy and informal,
I can't help but wonder why somebody had to mess with it.
I so agree. I feel like I'm reading the same topic over and over again.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by kitsykeel View Post
the caste system for members depending on how many posts they have, i.e. member, junior member, senior member, super member.
"Caste system", seriously??? Lol! Far from a caste system, nothing is keeping you down! Quite the contrary, it's an incentive to contribute more and communicate more on this board. In order to keep out the spammers and riff-raff, you cannot sell anything on the board until you achieve a certain rank.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:59 PM

I agree with the same topics for so many days. I don't know where to go to get the new postings versus the same old ones.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:06 PM

Default Don't care for the upgrade

Just want to voice my disappointment in the new Quilting Board. Seems like I'm looking at alot more advertisement, don't like that, I can't make notations or comments on my bookmarks, I don't like that. That means I'll have to look through who knows how many pages until I find what I bookmarked the thread for in the first place which means when I find it, I still can't make a notation about it. I hope I'm just don't know how to make notations on my bookmarks, but I don't think so. What I'm I missing that this upgrade is an improvement? Not being snarky just asking how. I'm not all that computer savy and looking for why I would like this upgrade. Thanks.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:14 PM

Now I tend to take very little seriously, so I have interpreted the "caste system" as kind of telling everyone how much time we spend on the board when we could be quilting!

There are some things I like about the board and some I'm not crazy about. I'd like to see the entire original message at the top of the thread, and the list of responses below it.

I'd like a lot less 'mousing', as 'mousing' kills my right arm. I've tried 'mousing' with the left, very clumsy, and ultimately, I have the same problem.

If the message is strung out so much that you have to scroll horizontally, then try 'control l' to shrink the screen.

I like having the ability to format my responses (not that i do), and change the font to one that is easier for me to read.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:17 PM

The old format was confusing at first, too. It took me awhile to figure it out. Then, of course it became very user friendly!

However, that format was less 'mouse' intensive and I really liked that. That's probably what i miss most, as using the mouse so much irritates the fibromyalgia/tendonitis in my arms and hands. Oh, well.