Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Note to Patrice >

Note to Patrice

Note to Patrice

Old 11-19-2011, 03:00 PM

Default Note to Patrice

Patrice! I must tell you how much this Board has meant to me. I have learned so much and have enjoyed drooling over all of the beautiful quilts and projects our numerous members have shared. The Board was the first place I went in the morning. Always...with my morning coffee. Being retired and in love with sewing, I so enjoyed this site. But now, I am lost. The site is beautiful and I know that it must be wonderful, but I am lost. The previous site was so simple and I mean that in the most complimentary way. Not being a very computer literate person, the previous site was great for me. I so enjoyed reading and contributing. Now, I am lost. I try but alas I just don't seem to be able to grasp the concept. I am not giving up. I can't! I love this site. I just had to share with someone how much I am struggling to hang on. I commend you for your many hours managing this site of more than 4000 quilters. It just boggles my mind. You are a very special person and I am in awe of you and of my fellow quilters and their extremely magnificent talent. I am so lost. I had to abandon my membership under "astitchofclass2" as I am unable to remember my password. I signed up under my new name "littlebitoheaven" so that I could continue to use and enjoy the site. I am so lost and so sad. Yolanda Wood river
Old 11-19-2011, 03:03 PM

Just keep visiting and fooling around with the site. It gets easier each day. Just keep plugging away.
Old 11-19-2011, 03:07 PM
Power Poster

Is there something that we can help with? Just ask if there is.
Old 11-19-2011, 03:18 PM

http://www.quiltingboard.com/sitemap/f-1.html

h
ere is an address that PatriceJ sent us a couple of days ago. I put it on a topic called SHORTCUT!!! that shows up on Main.... PatriceJ has put the same link on a 'sticky' which apparently means that it does not move down the list...it's title is something like 'important announcement'... but the same link is inside if you lose trace of this.... my point is that the link leads you to a new list that the admin/moderator has put on. when you click on the link, it takes you to a list with all the new topics listed...no more reading dozens of entries to find the one or two new posts... to get a shortcut from this link, highlight the whole link and then left click anywhere ON THE HIGHLIGHT and drag it to your toolbar...after that you just click on the shortcut and it will take you to the list right away...stick with us.... we all feel just like you do and we're hoping it will get better ... it took two weeks but they did get us a list of Unread Topics... maybe they will make other changes as time goes on...
Old 11-19-2011, 03:32 PM

Another way to get there is to go down to the bottom of the page and you will see the word "Archive." It is right next to the words "Contact Us" in a black banner. Click on archive and it will take you to a page with new listings. Just choose the category you want to see, like Main or Pictures. You will then get a new list that changes colors when you click on a member's post so you can tell which ones you have read and which ones are actually new to you. I hope that helps you. I was also frustrated until I found that little tip.
Old 11-19-2011, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Bonbonary View Post
Another way to get there is to go down to the bottom of the page and you will see the word "Archive." It is right next to the words "Contact Us" in a black banner. Click on archive and it will take you to a page with new listings. Just choose the category you want to see, like Main or Pictures. You will then get a new list that changes colors when you click on a member's post so you can tell which ones you have read and which ones are actually new to you. I hope that helps you. I was also frustrated until I found that little tip.
This is what I do also...gives you all the fun, and none of the "uh-oh, what did I do nows"...enjoy!
Old 11-19-2011, 04:31 PM
Administrator

Whenever a member can't remember their password, or if they are having problems logging in with what they are sure is their correct password, it's best to send me an email to [email protected].

member passwords are not visible to us, but i provide detailed instructions that will help you get a new password.