Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Preparing (Resizing) Photos For Successful Upload and Viewing

Name:  IMG_0342 - Copy.JPG
Views: 221
Size:  26.1 KB testing attachment skills

I have been having a big problem trying to download pics. For some reason I used to be able to. Now nothing. I have Resized and still it wont let me. I know its something in my PC. but what???

Blog Entries
    if you are using internet explorer 10, try switching to a different browser.
    their last update has created several problems for a lot of people.
    I Quilt, I Nap, I Quilt Some More ... Aaaaah, The Good Life!

I also have an eddres you can use if you need to contact me with questions or suggestions that relate to our community: [email protected]

How do I post pictures from my iPhone 4?

I still CANNOT post photos! When I click on the icon "insert image" and little box comes up and I select "computer". Then I click on browse and choose photo to be posted and then upload file and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong. This makes me VERY angry. HELP!!! ~~Ann~~

Blog Entries
    have you checked to make sure the file is within the size limit?
    I Quilt, I Nap, I Quilt Some More ... Aaaaah, The Good Life!

I also have an eddres you can use if you need to contact me with questions or suggestions that relate to our community: [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by anndr View Post
    I still CANNOT post photos! When I click on the icon "insert image" and little box comes up and I select "computer". Then I click on browse and choose photo to be posted and then upload file and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong. This makes me VERY angry. HELP!!! ~~Ann~~
    Change your camera pixel settings to 640X480. Take a test photo and try to post it. If that works then you know that your re-sizing did not work and the pics are to large.
    Sweet Caroline

Power Poster
    Blog Entries

Trial run

Hopefully this will work. This is the first picture I have tried to show. This is a Quilt I made for a friend last year for Christmas.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Thanks PatriceJ and Jennie Penny and to all the others who helped us. You all don't know how long I have been trying to send pictures. Now I feel like I can be a real member of this board. Hope you all don't get tired of seeing things I have done. I LOVE you all. I am one happy camper. Hugs to you all and HAPPY NEW YEAR. BrendaK
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

Where is 'Preview'?

Quote Originally Posted by AndiR View Post
    On a Mac, you can resize an image in Preview. Open the image, then in the Tools menu select Adjust Size. For viewing online I reduce the Resolution to 75.

There is also an online option for resizing photos that I use often - Picnik. http://www.picnik.com/ You don't need to register or download anything. Choose a photo, then go to the edit tab and find Resize on the lower left. There are many other adjustments you can make to your photo there as well. When finished, click the Save & Share tab to save the revised photo.
    If I have a photo to post and am in iPhoto and select the photo I want to resize, I do not find 'Preview' anywhere across the top toolbar. What step(s) have I missed or have in the wrong order?

I do hope the photo dilemma can be improved on as the previous instructions to post worked for Macs much easier.

Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by laynak View Post
    If I have a photo to post and am in iPhoto and select the photo I want to resize, I do not find 'Preview' anywhere across the top toolbar. What step(s) have I missed or have in the wrong order?

I do hope the photo dilemma can be improved on as the previous instructions to post worked for Macs much easier.

Thanks for your help!
    I'll 2nd that and add IPads to that as well.
    Sharon
    NH
    Sharon
    NH
    221K Featherweight 1968 white, 221 Featherweight Centennial,
    221 Featherweight 1948 sad condition I think she wants to be pink

Quote Originally Posted by mzzzquilts View Post
    No iPad here, but it's been discussed many times, here's one tip pasted from a previous post:

For pictures to show up on QB the right way, you take the picture with the iPad horizontal not vertical. It puts the picture in your camera roll. You open a new thread, type in your text and click on the tiny paper clip to manage attachments. The little box will come up and you choose from existing, click on the picture from your camera roll, click upload, click submit and voila!
    I did that exactly that from my ipad and the pictures still uploaded to big.
    Sharon
    NH

I do not know if this has been mentioned but the format of the image also makes a big difference. PNG formats have much larger files than a jpg. Reason is PNG are for editing so things are not merged together. jpg is merged into a single layer so they are smaller. I have a recipe program that I failed to notice the default setting was PNG so every recipe took twice the memory on my computer. Once converted to jpg everything was lightning fast for loading. You can keep your original as PNG but save another copy a jpg and it will speed things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Smorris17119 View Post
    I did that exactly that from my ipad and the pictures still uploaded to big.
    Thanks but the issue was not about uploading pictures but resizing pictures so they'll show up smaller.
    Sharon
    NH

Blog Entries
    I hear ya.... the elusive 1/4 seam still evades me too!
    Mother yourself just as you would your own children, you will be surprised how much better you feel...Debbie Marie

Resizing is very important. I have a slow wi-fi connection at home and if the pic is not resized....i dont wait for the slow download to complete. I miss a lot of great pics.
    sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome Decor 3050 / Janome 1100D serger
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

ro
    Banned
    Blog Entries
    computer illerate. I cant do it.

Any other tips on how to resize a picture? I took a full size picture of a quilt , it wouldn't upload. But the close up one did. I do not have a Mac. And I can't figure out how to resize on my camera.

What kind of camera are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by zozee View Post
    What kind of camera are you using?
    Vivitar, from Walmart.

Look for your settings on the camera ( or consult the manual) and you'll probably find that the photo size you're shooting is large (or raw). That should be used only for pictures that you need to be really great quality, with a lot of editing options, as I understand it. I'm no expert but I do know you need to switch the photo size on your camera to small. See if that helps.

OK, I'm trying this for size...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I eat, I sleep, I quilt, I eat, I sleep, I quilt... awwwww retirement! I earned it, I deserve it, I'm lovin' it!

A day without quilting is like a day without sunshine.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jan View Post
    OK, I'm trying this for size...
    Is this too large? I don't have the auto setting you describe, so set it as vertical 640 horizontal 480 vertical and saved it, and it now shows 349 x 480 px,1.3KB on the saved picture. I have no idea what any of this means about pixels and KB. Will somebody please tell me if this size is ok or not?
    I eat, I sleep, I quilt, I eat, I sleep, I quilt... awwwww retirement! I earned it, I deserve it, I'm lovin' it!

A day without quilting is like a day without sunshine.

I'll be trying this out. Thanks Patrice.
    Mavita - Square dancer and One Room School Teacher

i do own a Mac book and I wonder if you do have any tips by now on this topic of how to resize ???
    it takes much of the fun out.....not being able to send a pic.....and many people in here do own mac computers....
    ???? May be ( just a suggestion ) you could write to apple on our behalf...???? this is a very known site....and it has been running for a good white now.....may be they would come out with some solution ??? Good luck and thanks
    ania

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast