Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Preparing (Resizing) Photos For Successful Upload and Viewing

Blog Entries
    I can't seem to post a picture. I click on the picture Icon and then from computer nothing is there no browser button ..... Help

Blog Entries
    I have only been successful once on posting a picture. I know how to resize them. However when I go to the icon to post the browse button does not come up and the page freezes. Any suggestions?

Blog Entries
    I'm looking for a quilt pattern , if anyone can help it's called -Hannah's Garden by Tammy Silvers ??

Thanks
    Diana

Do a search for "Hannah's garden quilt by tammy silvers". The pattern comes up and shows a picture, gives yardage needed and tells how to make the quilt. If it is the one you want you shouldn't even have to buy a pattern. Hope this helps. If you don't find it I would be glad to print it out and send it to you.
    Last edited by abc123xyz; 01-14-2017 at 06:52 AM.

Christmas Present

Let me try
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Dear Patrice, I'm having trouble uploading photos of my wip. It starts and then it says it failed. It's in jpeg. Do I need to resize them?
    Marcia

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Am having this same problem when I never had it before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delphina View Post
    I have only been successful once on posting a picture. I know how to resize them. However when I go to the icon to post the browse button does not come up and the page freezes. Any suggestions?

Any suggestions yet for resizing a pic from an iPhone? I saw Tartan's thread about loading them, but I need help resizing so they don't load so huge! I'm tired of loading a picture of a single block and feeling like I have to apologize each time for it being so big.
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a Gift!

She who sews shall surely rip

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
    Any suggestions yet for resizing a pic from an iPhone? I saw Tartan's thread about loading them, but I need help resizing so they don't load so huge! I'm tired of loading a picture of a single block and feeling like I have to apologize each time for it being so big.
    Two tips:

1. In iphone camera settings, you can check "optimize iphone settings". Full size pictures will be uploaded to iCloud, and your phone retains an optimized version.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0979.PNG 
Views:	35 
Size:	122.4 KB 
ID:	573734

2. While still drafting your post, after you upload your picture, double click on it, and you will get the option to resize it to thumbnail, medium, large, or full size. Click on one of those and click ok, and see if you like the way it looks. If not, double click on it again, pick another size, click ok and see if you like it better. Once you have it the way you want it, finish drafting your post and post it.

Hope that helps!
    MzzzQuilts aka Ellen

Okay, thank you! I'll try it Nope, didn't work. Oh well, such is life. *Sigh*

Last edited by NZquilter; 05-28-2017 at 08:46 AM.
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a Gift!

Blog Entries
    Okay, thank you! I'll try it Nope, didn't work. Oh well, such is life. *Sigh*
    Did you double click on it while transposing and change the size of it to one you liked?
    MzzzQuilts aka Ellen

I did try that, but double clicking just zoomed the page in, or opened up the photo to a new tab. It maybe because I'm actually using a fifth gen iPod, not an iPhone. I thought they both worked the same, but I guess not.
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a Gift!

Blog Entries
    I did try that, but double clicking just zoomed the page in, or opened up the photo to a new tab. It maybe because I'm actually using a fifth gen iPod, not an iPhone. I thought they both worked the same, but I guess not.
    So, you uploaded the picture into the message box where you're transposing the post...and you see the picture there, and it's huge? When I do it, if I put my mouse over the picture, it kinda blue/grays it out, and when I double click on it (the picture), this box pops up and that's where you can change the size and position. If it doesn't work for you, I'm sorry, but I just wanted to make sure you understood my instrutions before we give up!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture3.GIF 
Views:	33 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	573771
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-10-2017 at 03:02 AM.
    MzzzQuilts aka Ellen

It wont work on my iPod, unfortunately. Thank you for your help though! I really appreciate it. And the Christmas picture is lovely! Makes me want to go out and buy gifts!
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a Gift!

Blog Entries
    It wont work on my iPod, unfortunately. Thank you for your help though! I really appreciate it. And the Christmas picture is lovely! Makes me want to go out and buy gifts!
    OK, I don't have an iPod, only iPads and iPhones. Maybe there's no way to right click with an iPod to get the Image Settings box to pop up.

I hate giving up lol !!! Do you also have a computer? If so, can you email pictures from iPod to computer?
    MzzzQuilts aka Ellen

Blog Entries
    Just trying the instructions here:

NZ and anyone else having this problem.... I was befuddled myself about a year ago with the same problem until a Good Samaritan of Technology here explained to me a method that has worked ever since. Keep in mind, I am easily frustrated with technology so I strive to learn and teach what works for me.

Email the photo to yourself. Whatever device you're using, if you can email a photo to yourself, do it.
    Before you send, You'll see the options "Small," "Medium" or "Large." You need it to be Small or Medium. Anything bigger than a certain size file will either fail to load or it'll be HUGE. (I don't recall the file size limit, but I just remember medium is the biggest I can successfully use here.)

After you've emailed the photo to yourself as an attachment, open the attachment. Right click on it and it should download. You should see it drop to the bottom of your screen .

Then open the QB tab and find the forum where you want to post your photo. Let's say you want to post it in Pictures. OPen Pictures and find the little icon that has a tree in the square. Click on it. You'll be asked to find an attachment. CLick on that IMG241.jpeg and attach it. Be sure then to follow the rest of the prompts and it should work for you.

In a nutshell, email your photos to yourself either as a Small or Medium attachment and take it from there. I find it
    the easiest way to resize photos without having to jump through a bunch of confusing hoops.

CLear as mud?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4