Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   Ads over and over (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/ads-over-over-t273612.html)

Geri B 12-22-2015 04:28 PM

Ads over and over

This morning as I logged in all was normal, but this evening when I came back........ads popping one after another, screen size changing.....spastic behavior! Hope it fixes itself. This is on my iPad..usual reading posting device....

Stitchnripper 12-22-2015 04:34 PM

Had that same problem on iPad. Installed ad blocker (free app) amd all of that stopped

Misty's Mom 12-22-2015 07:01 PM

I already had ad blocker and the ads keep popping up. Any suggestions?

Stitchnripper 12-22-2015 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Misty's Mom (Post 7411315)
I already had ad blocker and the ads keep popping up. Any suggestions?

did you activate it? If so and it still doesn't block them would suggest deleting app and trying again or use different ad blocker

Geri B 12-23-2015 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper (Post 7411319)
did you activate it? If so and it still doesn't block them would suggest deleting app and trying again or use different ad blocker

Yes, me too, I think I do have ad locker on this iPad, but somehow sneaking in. Maybe need a stronger one? Any suggestions?

Misty's Mom 12-23-2015 05:34 AM

I just got Ad-Blocker that looks like a stop sign that says ADS with a line through it. It costs $1.99 and it's working. Don't forget to turn it on in settings.

toverly 12-23-2015 06:24 AM

Go into your settings on you computer and look at programs. Look for ad ware or ad pop. You can delete it and they may disappear. I had this problem about a year ago and it ruined my quilting board experience. I guess it snuck in on a link somewhere. Deleting it solved the problem. It even came with a warning that if I deleted it, I may not receive ads. LOL. I deleted it.

ManiacQuilter2 12-23-2015 06:30 AM

That is interesting. I installed Ad Blocker on my old PC and it was free.

Geri B 12-23-2015 02:51 PM

Well this is on my iPad..haven't tried the laptop or desktop yet.....I have the ad blocker( or thought I did) with the ired icon. So I went into it and saw some writing by "Benjamin"-- about some court decision and now asking for $$. And said something about settings /restore. Don't know where that is on this device. Reading and interacting on quilting board is no fun with this spastic screen and me constantly clicking the x to delete tons of ads.....I really live being able to be here, but this technology can be so frustrating, especially since I'm not really into it! Maybe it will just go away by itself. I did go to the app stor to see what else is there, would not know which to choose!

Misty's Mom 12-23-2015 04:21 PM

So far the $1.99 version I got is working great. Money well spent. I use my iPad for everything and hate those ads too.