Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   Can't upload anymore (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/cant-upload-anymore-t203261.html)

Delta 10-15-2012 08:29 AM

Can't upload anymore

I have been trying for 2 weeks now to upload. I do it as I have always done. take the pic on my phone e-mail it to my e-mail. save as jpeg to my desk top then upload to the quiltboard site. but it won't take my pic anymore. they are not oversized either.
I go to home
click on pictures
click on New Thread
put in name of pic
attach from my computer not url
select pic from desk top (as I have always done)
click upload

BUT it will not up load.
thx for anyhelp.
Dawn

QuiltnNan 10-15-2012 08:46 AM

i'm not certain why it changed all of a sudden. back near the changeover, patricej determined that the best size for uploading is 480x640, or thereabouts. so i always resize my pictures with the lower dimension to 480. i've not had any problems. i hope you can get it worked out.

oh, by the way, you do have to be logged in to start a thread [just in case that's the issue]

Delta 10-15-2012 11:04 AM

thank you Nancy. I will see about re-sizing. and yes loged into site lol. (that was funny.) but you never know.. thx for your help.

patricej 10-15-2012 11:08 AM

i experienced something odd when uploading photos this morning.
they appeared to not upload.
i didn't get any upload error messages, but the comment area was empty and i didn't see them on the attachment list.
after i posted (using both quick reply and go advanced) the pictures did appear.

why did i bother to click the post button when it looked as though they hadn't uploaded?
(who knows. just stubborn or excessively curious i guess.)

i discovered that this happens only in FireFox.
i experimented with Google Chrome and Safari.
everything worked as usual in those browsers.

i didn't test MS IExp.

i will have to ask tech support if they have any ideas.
if they don't, i will have to see whether or not the FireFox folks have a guess or two or three to throw at me.

azwendyg 10-15-2012 11:15 AM

I've been having problems with pictures lately also, but like you, Patrice, I kept trying and eventually figured out that sometimes the pic's would show up in my list of attachments even though I had tried to used the picture icon when editing a post to imbed them in the post. I'm using Firefox on a Mac when this happens. Since I figured out what was happening, I've been just using the attachment option instead of trying to imbed them in the posts and it seems to be working better. I also got some weird errors on a gif file, that was sized and saved correctly I believe. When I tried to attach it I got an error that said it wasn't a gif file. (Photoshop certainly thought it was...). There seems to be something kind of weird going on for sure.

QuiltnNan 10-15-2012 11:38 AM

Patrice, i've experienced this also [i use firefox] but i've been having some issues with my provider, so assumed it was just my problem

T. 10-16-2012 06:58 PM

I tried to upload some pictures of table runners twice this weekend but couldn't do it either. so I went back & deleted my messages :( I followed the exact steps that you did. I use IE

Originally Posted by Delta (Post 5587324)
I have been trying for 2 weeks now to upload. I do it as I have always done. take the pic on my phone e-mail it to my e-mail. save as jpeg to my desk top then upload to the quiltboard site. but it won't take my pic anymore. they are not oversized either.
I go to home
click on pictures
click on New Thread
put in name of pic
attach from my computer not url
select pic from desk top (as I have always done)
click upload

BUT it will not up load.
thx for anyhelp.
Dawn

HisPatchwork 10-25-2012 06:38 PM

I haven't been able to upload pictures either...using internet explorer...always says there is an error. I have attached photos before.