Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   Definitions and Terms (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/definitions-terms-t165485.html)

donnalynett 11-03-2011 07:49 PM

I still cannot figure out how to just receive "today's" posts? I too do not like to have to search through year old posts just to get to the new posts. I've already read the "old" posts so I would appreciate some help on just receiving "today's" posts, please. Donna

sharon b 11-03-2011 08:02 PM

If you go to this topic- scroll down on PatriceJs' first topic she has a PDF download file that answers many of these questions

http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...*-t164085.html

as Terri said we all are learning as we go along - heck just tonight I found my smileys again WOO HOO :thumbup: They are under your profile settings at the bottom of the page so go to Settings - on the left look for general settings- scroll all the way to the bottom of the page - click on Enhanced interface and VIOLA you have smileys and all kinds of neat ways to answer messages - there my tip for the day :D

Hen3rietta 11-03-2011 08:13 PM

I'm feeling the same way. I keep coming back, hoping that it will look different or that I'll be able to *see* it differently but so far I've not had much luck. What I liked most about it - that it didn't mimic all the social networking sites out there - is no longer the case. I've read all the IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS and stickies and still haven't a clue. And this was my favorite morning coffee stop. Maybe I should just set it aside for a week and try when I'm not so frustrated.

Up North 11-03-2011 08:47 PM

The moderators are just members like you, we had no say in this so please do not blame us!! This is Administrations new thing, I think eventually we will learn our way around.

TShooters 11-03-2011 08:51 PM

I liked that you could watch a post and then get notified when someone commented. That way if there was a question that someone asked, and you wanted to know the answer too, you could be notified that someone might have an answer.
Go to "Forum Actions" in the blue bar at the top of this page (right under the board's name banner), click the down arrow, then on General Settings" for the settings page. Scroll down to "Messaging & Notification"/"Default Thread Subscription Mode". Click the down arrow on the box to choose your notification mode. You have five choices. Once your made your changes, and you may want to look around on that page for other changes you may want to make, scroll all the way to the bottom and press the "Save" button to save your changes.

Maybe you want to watch a topic, without posting to it. Go to the top of the topic page, and choose "Thread Tools", click on the down arrow, and "Subscribe to this thread".

Hope this helps!

Camping Angel 11-03-2011 09:00 PM

Lots of help can be found here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/resourc...ideos-230.html

I usually have two windows open so I can go from the Help page and then back to the window that I am working with.

TShooters 11-03-2011 09:06 PM

In searching, try the "Advanced Search" , under the search box in the blue bar. That will take you to another page,
type in the thread title, since you know the title, and enclose it in quotation marks. Then on the box beside it, choose "Search Titles Only".

Hope this helps you find the thread you're looking for. Gramie bj. :thumbup:

TacoMama 11-03-2011 09:20 PM

Yes, we are all learning and it's hard for some of us. I don't like change, but I am going to get through this even if it takes a while. Don't give up. Just keep asking questions and maybe someone will help. I am not that good with this new site to help. I'm just wadding through myself.

SueDor 11-04-2011 01:13 AM

Okay,
1. To to header and hit the Profile button, when that page comes up go to the margin and press General Settings. There is a whole bunch of stuff there that you should read and answer. On the bottom of that page it asks about Default Age Cut off. Thats where I have show from last day. Don't forget to save it, that is also near the bottom of that page.
I hope this helps. Sadiemae helped with answers also. Here is another tip, go to home page and on the bottom there is QB info. Check this out, there are a lot of questions and answers there. Hang in there, it will get better.

Lorae Radunz 11-05-2011 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Gramie bj (Post 4624300)
I am totale frustrated! I have been trying to use this New Board for 3 days and do not feel as if I am getting any where! Where can I get some ansewers to all the Question I and others are asking? I feel like I have been thrown into the deep end of the pool and left to sink or swim! Is any one, other than other frustrated users, out there? is there an instructional manual we can down load? Who made all the changes, not the group, there name! Tom, Dick, Harry, Mary, Sally? You may think all this makes perfict sence but we do not understand! We need a Map and detailed instruction! You will also need to supply a dictionary with accurat definations, remember some of us think sticky is what you get from playing with honey and Tag is a childrens game! I know I'm not super at the computer but with some instruction I'm sure I will be able to find what I want. As of right now All I can say is the forest is beautiful but I can't see the tree's!!

I know this will sound really stupid but... just what is "sticky"?