Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   Edit post not working (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/edit-post-not-working-t256483.html)

Cheryl7758 11-08-2014 07:37 AM

Edit post not working

I play some of the word games, and occasionally I need to edit my posting because I posted wrong, or missed a previous posting. I never had a problem with this previously, now it is not letting me do it. I hit edit posting, the posting disappears in the screen, but when I try to change information, it just makes another posting. What am I doing wrong?

also having problems with new postings showing after hitting post. I have to refresh my screen, where before, it just showed up.

Wondering if it is this forum or my computer

mzzzquilts 11-08-2014 09:04 AM

I think you only have a short time in which to edit a post, maybe 10 minutes?

tessagin 11-08-2014 09:09 AM

Often I just post again with a correction. I'll hit the Reply With Quote and make a correction. easier for me. Doesn't take that much more time.

Originally Posted by Cheryl7758 (Post 6960672)
I play some of the word games, and occasionally I need to edit my posting because I posted wrong, or missed a previous posting. I never had a problem with this previously, now it is not letting me do it. I hit edit posting, the posting disappears in the screen, but when I try to change information, it just makes another posting. What am I doing wrong?

also having problems with new postings showing after hitting post. I have to refresh my screen, where before, it just showed up.

Cheryl7758 11-08-2014 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by mzzzquilts (Post 6960779)
I think you only have a short time in which to edit a post, maybe 10 minutes?

I am usually trying to edit immediately, or within a minute or two and the "edit this post" is still available. Just weird that I have been able to do it in the past.

Was there a recent update to this website? I know recently on one forum there was, but don't remember which one, I only remember trying to post one night and got a message that said something about an update being done.

could someone post a test and go back in immediately and see if they can edit? Thanks

QuiltnNan 11-08-2014 02:16 PM

since the latest update, i've not had trouble editing my own posts [usually typos :o ]

Dottie Bug 11-10-2014 07:02 PM

I cant post a reply DottieBug

Dottie Bug 11-10-2014 07:03 PM

Edit post isn't working

Dottie Bug 11-10-2014 07:04 PM

I had to refresh to post

Dottie Bug 11-10-2014 07:08 PM

had to post and then refresh, wont let me edit until I hit refresh. DottieBug

Moonglow 11-11-2014 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by Cheryl7758 (Post 6960672)

I, too, am having problems with new postings not showing up after I hit post. I have to refresh my screen to see the posting. How do I fix this?