Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   Feedback Question (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/feedback-question-t184492.html)

stitchinbee 03-30-2012 05:27 PM

Feedback Question

Is there any sort of rule or guideline that I would be breaking if I refuse to sell my fabric / items to forum members who have a history of not leaving feedback? Thanks in advance. :)

Sadiemae 03-30-2012 05:29 PM

I don't think feedback is a requirement for purchasing fabric.

stitchinbee 03-30-2012 05:31 PM

And I understand that. But, I am not required to sell to someone just because they reply to the ad either, correct?

Sadiemae 03-30-2012 05:40 PM

I don't know. I think you should PM PatriceJ and discuss your concerns. I am afraid this policy could cause some very hurt feelings, but I don't sell so I don't know all of the policies.

stitchinbee 03-30-2012 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae (Post 5103655)
I don't know. I think you should PM PatriceJ and discuss your concerns. I am afraid this policy could cause some very hurt feelings, but I don't sell so I don't know all of the policies.

Sadiemae, I understand your concerns, but here is the deal: not leaving feedback for the seller caused hurt feelings to the seller as well.

Sadiemae 03-30-2012 05:53 PM

Stitchinbee, I understand.:o It is probably best to ask the moderators though just to be on the safe side. Good Luck to you!

stitchinbee 03-30-2012 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae (Post 5103687)
Stitchinbee, I understand.:o It is probably best to ask the moderators though just to be on the safe side. Good Luck to you!

Thank you, Sadiemae. :)

Lori S 03-30-2012 06:01 PM

If the transaction went well.. I don't understand. I have sold some items and never got feedback, and all went well. Some just don't want to take the time. And others are still figuring out this board, and don't know how to leave feedback. I would not hold it agains't someone who paid promptly and had no issues.

stitchinbee 03-30-2012 06:04 PM

I understand what you are saying Lori S, but there are many details that I have chosen not to share, and it will remain that way. Anyhow, thank you all for your replies, I think my question has been answered, and I appreciate all your helpfulness. :)

patricej 03-31-2012 02:55 AM

we are not a marketplace. feedback is optional. sellers are not entitled to receive feedback. buyers are not obligated to leave feedback.

Member A cannot reject Member B's offer to buy just because Member B chooses to not use the feedback option.

Member A cannot ask or demand that Member B leave feedback.
Member A cannot complain if Member Bs do not leave feedback.

Member A can reject an offer to buy only if:
-Member B does not want to pay the asking price.
-Member B does not want to pay using the seller's required method. (for example, if Member A says she will accept payment only through PayPal she is not required to accept Member B's request to pay by check.)
-Member B has a record of negative feedback as a buyer.