Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   Fonts and other appearance issues (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/fonts-other-appearance-issues-t165192.html)

JuneBillie 11-03-2011 11:24 AM

The white also bothers my eyes. I have autoimmune disorders that cause this. I am sure others have health issues also. Thank You

wanda lou 11-03-2011 12:02 PM

It works Yea!

MommaDorian 11-03-2011 02:21 PM

I don't see in advanced. Also, do you have to change it for each message? Or is there a place to change it permanently?

kbs 11-03-2011 03:35 PM

The white background is hard on the eyes

I have tried several times to read on this site and the background is so white it hurts my eyes. Maybe this is one of the tweaks that will be done to make this site easier to read. Have others complained about the white background? The rest I think I can figure out just like I did when I first joined.
Kathleen Skinner

LindaM 11-03-2011 07:25 PM

Can you tell me why posts that I've read don't "stay read"? The posts are turning back to bold - haven't discerned a pattern yet - sometimes if I've scrolled to other pages, sometimes if I've read a different post - when I go back to the 'what's new' list, everything is back to bold. Is there a way to see which posts I've already read??
Thanks!

TnBecky 11-03-2011 08:29 PM

This site will take some getting use to, but the bright white background is a very poor choice. I hope that the "Moderator" will have the web master change it to a soft green, pale yellow or a cream color so it is not so harsh on the eyes. I know from experience that white is not a good color to look at for long. I sold office supplies for years & worked in an office. Plenty of sales people & customers would always tell you to use a soft pale color. Nothing bight. So maybe if we ask nicely they will try to correct this. After all I need my eyesight to sew. LOL. If they don't change it mabe we can all get reading glasses/sunglasses to enjoy reading this site again. I sincerly hope that they will take this suggestion to heart. Thanks everybody. :)

dreamboat 11-03-2011 09:30 PM

It is hard on my eyes and makes me have a headache. Can't be on it but about an hour and then need to rest my eyes.

the old one 11-04-2011 03:44 AM

Total agreement about the white background, have considered wearing sunglasses to read the posts, but gave up on that idea, too. piecefully, the old one

goofygirl2u 11-04-2011 05:32 AM

Text editor, is it just me?

2 Attachment(s)
I am a techy, I work on computers all day long for my job. In fact, I test software changes, but this one has me stumped. I have changed my settings for the three different type of message text editors and I still can't see the buttons. I have mine currently set to Enhanced Editor. I have to put my cursor over each button to 'see' what is does. It's very frustrating, and so far, the only issue I have with the new board layout. Are other users having the same problem? I've not seen this addressed in any of the posts.

My settings:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]281619[/ATTACH]

This was the signature box, but ALL text editors are like this.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]281618[/ATTACH]

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Becky

Crafty1 11-04-2011 05:40 AM

Start typing here...:)

Type within the parameters. I can't copy and paste using my iPad sorry....