Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   Help!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/help-t189067.html)

nanap8 05-15-2012 09:28 AM

Help!!

I am having trouble posting a picture I am not stupid & I printed QB Help but still can't seem to do it. Can any one walk me through the process? Thanks I read everyday.

Chasing Hawk 05-15-2012 09:32 AM

Do NOT preview this post. It causes the picture to vanish.

Make sure you wait for the picture to upload off your computer. It will show that it did below the uploading area.
I wish I was more help but it is hard for me to explain this via posts. :)

MadQuilter 05-15-2012 09:50 AM

Select "Go Advanced" from the blue box options.

Scroll down to "Manage Attachments" and click on that box

In the new window, click on "Browse"

Find the picture you want to attach and double-click on it.

Now click on "Upload"

When the picture is uploaded its name will be shown in the "current attachments" section. (If there is a problem you will get an error message that the file could not be uploaded.)

Now you simply select the "Post Reply" button and wait.

DO NOT SELECT PREVIEW!

Peckish 05-15-2012 11:04 AM

One more tip I haven't seen mentioned yet - make sure your picture is reduced in size, less than one MB is best.

nanap8 05-15-2012 11:39 AM

Thank you!

nanap8 05-15-2012 11:43 AM

Thank you for the information

GrannieAnnie 05-15-2012 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter (Post 5218595)
Select "Go Advanced" from the blue box options.

Scroll down to "Manage Attachments" and click on that box

In the new window, click on "Browse"

Find the picture you want to attach and double-click on it.

Now click on "Upload"

When the picture is uploaded its name will be shown in the "current attachments" section. (If there is a problem you will get an error message that the file could not be uploaded.)

Now you simply select the "Post Reply" button and wait.

DO NOT SELECT PREVIEW!

Okay, I'll give it a try--------------okay, I tried twice and got a failed message both time. I'm done.

mzzzquilts 05-15-2012 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie (Post 5218992)
Okay, I'll give it a try--------------okay, I tried twice and got a failed message both time. I'm done.

Most of the time, the reason for the "failed to upload" message is that the picture's file size is too big. Right click on the picture you want to upload, then left click on "properties". On the general tab in the box that pops up, it will state the size of the picture, post the size here, and we'll go from there.

Latrinka 05-16-2012 04:30 PM

I had trouble too, but had to get my son to adjust size of pics.

Pam Perry 05-18-2012 08:49 AM

I to am lost on trying to post pictures. Have read everyones instruction and followed. So, I give up its not worth staying up set over. I have to many other things that keeps me there.