Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   Help with uploading pictures. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/help-uploading-pictures-t256800.html)

Joy Higdon 11-14-2014 03:41 PM

Help with uploading pictures.

Can anyone help me? I just got a new computer with Windows 8.1. I currently had Windows Vista. Now when I try to post pictures, it won't let me click on Computer and browse pictures. It will only let me click on URL. My pictures are in jpeg, I don't know if that makes a difference or not. Thanks for any help.

mzzzquilts 11-14-2014 04:40 PM

Which browser are you using? If IE, try clicking on tools, then slide down to Compatibility View Settings and you'll see quiltingboard.com in the box there, click Add then click Close. See if that brings back the "Computer" tab for browsing pictures.

Joy Higdon 11-15-2014 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by mzzzquilts (Post 6968898)
Which browser are you using? If IE, try clicking on tools, then slide down to Compatibility View Settings and you'll see quiltingboard.com in the box there, click Add then click Close. See if that brings back the "Computer" tab for browsing pictures.

Gosh Ellen, you are so smart. Thanks a lot, that worked.

mzzzquilts 11-15-2014 05:02 AM

glad i could help!

Barb in Louisiana 11-15-2014 05:19 AM

I have had a problem with editing my posts. I just did what MzzzQuilts aka Ellen suggested and am now going to test if that solves my problem too.

Edited to add: Ellen you are sooooo good!!!!!! My problem is now solved too. Thank you so very much.

Just wanted to add again....Oh the joy of being to edit posts!!!!
Just in the last few days, when I made a post, I had to update the thread in order to see the post. That is fixed now too.

Ellen, you are the greatest!!!!!!

homecaregiver 11-15-2014 05:36 AM

Hey, I have been having the same problem since I got my new computer with windows 8.1 I just followed your directions and can't wait to see if it works. Thanks to you MzzzQuilts. The members on this board are absolutely wonderful.
Pat

whitepine 11-15-2014 08:59 AM

Ellen, thank you thank you thank you. My computer just started all of the issues mentioned above. I started to say it was for no reason, nothing had changed, but then I remember that my computer had automatically installed some updates and I'll bet that is what caused the problem. I just love it when Microsoft fixes problems. ha ha . Did I say thank you?

Yooper32 11-16-2014 04:18 AM

Well, let's see if it solves my posting problem.

Yes, it did and thank you ever so much.

Sharonquilts 04-14-2015 05:50 AM

When I download pictures to my computer from my iPhone, they are saved with HP Media Smart. When I try to upload a picture to this board, it always fails ... I think because it comes up with this long "title" (for lack of a better way to describe it) .. Like owner/something else/something else/ etc, etc. Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, how did you resolve it? I'm right before calling HP customer service I'm so frustrated.

Thank you,
Sharon

mzzzquilts 04-14-2015 08:13 AM

Is HP Media Smart a "cloud" or a physical storage space on your phone? That long "title" is the picture's file path, if you can type it out for me, I'll take another look at it.