Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   How do I post my business (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/how-do-i-post-my-business-t175975.html)

heart of Dixie 01-17-2012 09:43 AM

How do I post my business

I seen when we had the old board that we could post our business. I can't remember what it was listed under or how to go about it. If someone could tell me I would really appreciate it. Thanks so much heart of dixie

mzzzquilts 01-17-2012 09:52 AM

I'm not the police, but I remember seeing this on the community rules of the Quilting Board (copy/pasting it)

Advertising/Solicitation Is Not Permitted

- We recognize that many of our members have their own off-site blogs and/or operate businesses that relate to quilting. We would like to emphasize that professionals are every bit as welcome here as beginners. We certainly do not ask or expect you to abandon any existing or planned ventures as a “cost” of membership here. We also don't ask or expect you to keep your profession a secret. We wish our professional members the greatest of success!

- However, we do ask that you participate here as a regular/genuine member who coincidentally has a profession or off-site blog that relates to quilting.

- You may not exploit your membership to actively advertise or promote your blog, your company, product or site or to solicit customers. This includes but is not limited to your own specials, sales, open houses, products you sell on your website, hardwall store, etc.

- Do not include either your business name or a link to your site inside your posts. Instead use a signature (you can set it up in your profile. Click on the My Profile link at the top of the page. You will find several updatable fields, including a Signature field.)

- Do not post links to things you have for sale/trade at other sites.

- If your signature contains a link to your website/blog/store, then please make sure to reciprocate and link to this forum's home page from your site.

- Posts that are deemed to be advertising or promotional in nature will be edited or deleted upon discovery and without notice by one of the Administrators or Moderators.

- Should you wish to advertise on our site, please send an email to [email protected] (Please use the subject line: Inquiring About Paid Advertising at The Quilting Board.)

heart of Dixie 01-17-2012 09:57 AM

What I am refering to was a list of quilter and where they are located I know the is a list because I have read them an d it was nice to see where they all lived

mzzzquilts 01-17-2012 10:02 AM

ahhh ok, click on the "Members only thrift and yard sale" forum, and you'll find the listing there.

patricej 01-17-2012 01:45 PM

I know which list she's asking about. She isn't imagining or misremembering things. LOL

The list of members with businesses was waaaaaaaaaaaay out of date, so i took it offline. I haven't yet had a chance to spiff it up so it's useful. It's on my very long list of things to do. :)

QandE2010 01-17-2012 02:07 PM

Patrice, you do so much for this board and I wanted you to know that you are VERY appreciated. Thanks again.

jc469273 01-18-2012 12:54 PM

I'm not angry, but why punish those whose listing was correct and current until you have time to update the list? Why not put it back up the way it is until you have time to work on it?