Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   How to not receive emails of posts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/how-not-receive-emails-posts-t313103.html)

Quiltwoman44 11-15-2020 06:33 AM

How to not receive emails of posts

I now receive emails showing anyone who posts in a subject I happened to post on in here. How to I stop those.? I don't need to see them but cannot find how to stop them from coming. Thanks,

Onebyone 11-15-2020 08:11 AM

I never get notice of new posts. Must be in the settings. Open the arrow next to your user name at the top right. Click on User Control Panel and all the settings are listed. I don't know which heading the notifications are under but it's there somewhere.

Quiltwoman44 11-15-2020 11:49 AM

well so far i am supposedly subscribed to five posts. including this very one where i am questioning how to get out of subscribing.... sigh. so far I've not found how to stop this other than unsubscribing a post individually but anything i put on here comes to me in an email when ever anyone posts to it or myself even. So very odd and irritating. maybe i will figure it out yet.

OurWorkbench 11-15-2020 12:21 PM

I just subscribed to this thread (by clicking on the blue Subscribe button) It took me to a page and it gave me a page where there was a drop down box that allowed me to choose "Notification Type:" and actually the default was No Emails. After I clicked on "Add Subsription" it took me back to this thread. The Subscribe button was grayed out and I clicked on it and it said that I had been "Unsubscribed". So I went back to my "User CP" and it said that I wasn't subscribed to any threads.

Maybe if you go to those threads that you have been notified of new posts and click on the now gray Subscribe button, it will unsubscribe and you will not get the email notifications.

I just clicked on "User CP" and on the left side there is a section that I clicked on:
  1. Settings & Options
  2. Edit Options:
Then in the middle of the page - about a third way down there is a box titled "Default Thread Subscription Mode" that gives an option with a drop down box "Do not subscribe". which would prevent it happening in the future.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.

Quiltwoman44 11-15-2020 12:58 PM

Oh I think that did it! I did as you said, why oh why was it on to subscribe to everything in the first place? oh well, i turned that option off. thanks so very much. still has some glitches in here it seems.

Quiltwoman44 11-16-2020 12:05 PM

OK, that did not stop them from being sent to my email. just got more. well anyone have any other ideas on how to NOT get emails of replys in postings I replied to or started???

OurWorkbench 11-16-2020 05:54 PM

I apologize. It looks like I omitted the final step - Scroll down to the bottom and click on "Save Changes"

Quiltwoman44 11-17-2020 07:07 AM

I actually did Save changes. Just tried it all again and Saved. Wish me luck. i will give it a few days.

OurWorkbench 11-17-2020 07:20 AM

You may have to "Unsubscribe" to the ones that were there, before you "saved changes"???

Quiltwoman44 11-17-2020 09:00 AM

well i put No Email on all of them. maybe that will work but i'm afraid it will only work one at a time after I've gotten an email. time will tell.