Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   I ***think*** I have a solution to the double photo issue (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/i-%2A%2A%2Athink%2A%2A%2A-i-have-solution-double-photo-issue-t255788.html)

JenniePenny 10-24-2014 02:56 PM

I ***think*** I have a solution to the double photo issue

So we know we have been dealing with double pictures for a while now. Some also know that there are two ways to post pictures - through the "manage attachments" button and through the "tree" icon.

Well this evening I posted two photos. The first I did through my normal way, which is the "manage attachments."
Then I was having trouble adding an additional photo. Too big, so I resized it and then decided to post it using the "tree" icon. When I checked back on the posting, I saw that one photo appeared once and the second photo was doubled. Do most people use the "tree" icon?

This may shed some light on the issue for the programmers. Or maybe it's completely random.

Tartan 10-24-2014 03:24 PM

​I do use the little tree icon for posting from my iPad and do not have double picture posts.

Neesie 10-24-2014 03:45 PM

I've always used the tree icon. Used to get single pictures but lately, they've been doubled.

AngeliaNR 10-24-2014 08:27 PM

I've never used the tree, and so far, fingers crossed, I've never had a double. I click "Go Advanced" and upload there.

Billi 10-25-2014 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by AngeliaNR (Post 6942292)
I've never used the tree, and so far, fingers crossed, I've never had a double. I click "Go Advanced" and upload there.

And click on the paper clip icon I have never had a double picture post I only upload from my smart phone.

azwendyg 10-25-2014 08:31 AM

I just posted a pic this morning using the "tree" icon and my post has double pictures....

AngeliaNR 10-25-2014 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Billi (Post 6942762)
And click on the paper clip icon I have never had a double picture post I only upload from my smart phone.

I don't use the paper clip icon--I scroll down to the "Manage Attachments" button, click it, and upload from that screen.

QuiltnNan 10-25-2014 09:58 AM

i've been aware that using attachments makes single pics, but i like to use the tree icon for a couple of reasons... it is quicker, and you can add words in between your pictures to describe each one... practically essential when posting a tutorial. PatriceJ is still working with the programmers to find a solution.

JenniePenny 10-25-2014 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan (Post 6942895)
i've been aware that using attachments makes single pics, but i like to use the tree icon for a couple of reasons... it is quicker, and you can add words in between your pictures to describe each one... practically essential when posting a tutorial. PatriceJ is still working with the programmers to find a solution.

Excellent - thank you. A good explanation of the differences.

gramquilter2 10-26-2014 12:22 PM

I always use go advanced and manage attachments and so far have never had a problem with double pictures.