Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   KINDLE FIRE QB help:How do I post a reply or a new message? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/kindle-fire-qb-help-how-do-i-post-reply-new-message-t180813.html)

Grandma Mary 02-26-2012 03:22 PM

KINDLE FIRE QB help:How do I post a reply or a new message?

Lately, I have been following our QB using the KINDLE FIRE we received a Christmas. The FIRE is such a great tool, and so versatile, that I rarely go up to our office to use our desktop computer anymore. HOWEVER, for some reason, I cannot figure out how to post a reply using the FIRE. I have tried everything I can think of, but the only thing I can get done is to go to the advanced reply page and type in the title. It won't let me type in the body of the message. (I don't have any problem replying or forwarding my regular email account. I have the typical computer with Internet Explorer and Windows XP)

I am sure there's something that I am not doing correctly, (or AM doing), but am at a loss as to what else to try. There are so many wonderful posts on this board that I want to reply to, but can't unless I go to my desktop (which is where I am now!!!!!:rolleyes:)

Can anyone using the FIRE out there help me out?
Thanks so much,
Mary

Monika 02-26-2012 03:31 PM

I use my Kindle Fire. I do it as usual. I have to move things over a little to see the "post quick reply" button. Do you see that on your screen?

matraina 02-26-2012 03:35 PM

I have a Kindle Fiire also that I got for Christmas. Do as Monika says. I have a problem being able to send e-mails and (we're with Time Warner at home but are wintering in FL. I called Bright House and also Kindle Fire support. So far, no lasting solution.

Grandma Mary 02-26-2012 03:41 PM

Monika, yes I see that on my screen and I can't type on the window. It won't show a cursor. So then I try "Go Advanced" and that only lets me type in the title box.

Monika 02-26-2012 09:05 PM

hmmm...that's weird.....but you can type other things? Like email or FaceBook?

Grandma Mary 02-27-2012 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Monika (Post 5011916)
hmmm...that's weird.....but you can type other things? Like email or FaceBook?

Yes, I can reply to my email, Facebook, Pinterest,etc...just can't do it on this board.

decky 02-27-2012 01:16 PM

I can't help you with your problem. But I do want to know how to get the QB on my Kindle, I didn't know that it could be on the KF.

jeank 02-27-2012 06:56 PM

are you signed in? anyone can read the posts, but you have to be signed in to post.

baskets4moo 02-28-2012 08:03 PM

hmmmm.... just picked up my FIRE and tried to post. A no-go for me too :(I was definitely logged in, page says I have permission to post, I can type in the title but not in the body of the message, quick or advanced. This is not good :(

Melinda in Tulsa 02-29-2012 06:23 AM

Is the reason you can't post is that you can't get a keyboard to pop up? If so, go to the bottom of the QB page and change the display type to Mobile. HTH.