Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   Log-in trouble w/password - cannot reach admins. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/log-trouble-w-password-cannot-reach-admins-t314296.html)

vlrigdon 02-15-2021 08:49 AM

Log-in trouble w/password - cannot reach admins.

This board will not retain my password. I have to request new every time I log in, even 30 min later. I know it is case sensitive. And you can see that requesting a new one DOES let me in to post. I have had to request a new one about 5 times in the last 3 days. I cannot figure what could be wrong. Open to thoughts! And I have sent two messages to admins. HELP!!! And thank you.

Tartan 02-15-2021 10:32 AM

I always log in and out because Remember Me, doesn’t .

vlrigdon 02-16-2021 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 8461255)
I always log in and out because Remember Me, doesn’t .

Still can't figure this out - I have to request a password reset EVERY time to log-in and post and see my messages. doesn't make sense.

OurWorkbench 02-16-2021 08:06 AM

I'm not sure if it will help, but I searched for "reset password" and found an old (from 2011) post that may address your problem.
https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-hel...ml#post4708618
I don't know if it is still accurate, but it says "When you receive your new password use it right away. It will only work for 24 hours"

Another possibility, may have to do with your "User CP" If you click on "User CP" there is a link on the left side entitled "Edit Your Details." When you click on that it will go to a new page that has "Email & Password" at the top. Then you can click on "Edit Email & Password" You will need to fill that in and confirm new password. Make sure you go to the bottom of the page to click on "Save Changes"

The "User CP" is located on the tan bar that also has- FAQ Community Calendar New Posts Search Quick Links

I hope this helps

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.

vlrigdon 02-16-2021 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench (Post 8461491)
I'm not sure if it will help, but I searched for "reset password" and found an old (from 2011) post that may address your problem.
https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-hel...ml#post4708618
I don't know if it is still accurate, but it says "When you receive your new password use it right away. It will only work for 24 hours"

Another possibility, may have to do with your "User CP" If you click on "User CP" there is a link on the left side entitled "Edit Your Details." When you click on that it will go to a new page that has "Email & Password" at the top. Then you can click on "Edit Email & Password" You will need to fill that in and confirm new password. Make sure you go to the bottom of the page to click on "Save Changes"

The "User CP" is located on the tan bar that also has- FAQ Community Calendar New Posts Search Quick Links

I hope this helps

THANK YOU! I do know all that, I've used the password change link immediately, (5 times!) I think I am doing everything they say to do, but when I log out or it logs me out - that new password then returns invalid. ugh. Today am trying it on my laptop, not the iPad, and will see. next is the total new account stuff - but I really don't want to do that. I just want to be able to log in when I need to - no password reset. more ugh.

OurWorkbench 02-16-2021 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by vlrigdon (Post 8461502)
Today am trying it on my laptop, not the iPad, and will see. next is the total new account stuff - but I really don't want to do that. I just want to be able to log in when I need to - no password reset. more ugh.

Understood. "Have you cleaned out temp files and cookies lately? Also, if you're coming onto the board with an old "shortcut" or "favorite bookmark", delete it, type www.quiltingboard.com into the address bar, or click on the link right here to go there, and make it a new internet shortcut or internet favorite bookmark. Try it, and see if these tips help."

I know sometimes I forget the last stop of something and then wonder why it didn't work. I know I have tried to change something and forget to save, or in the case of posting pictures here, forget to scroll all the way over and "Upload"

Good luck.

vlrigdon 02-16-2021 01:57 PM

Thank you - I cleared cookies, checked the USER CP, turned the iPad on/off, no luck yet! (still working from the computer and this morning's newest password!!! LOL!

IBtyen 02-18-2021 10:26 AM

The site not remembering your password is a clear indicator that the cookie file that is responsible for storing the data is no longer functioning.

Fully deleting the Cache AND Cookies, then re-starting the browser should resolve your issue.

If it persists, then it's time to review any browser extensions you may be running that would be interfering with the site. If you have browser extensions you aren't using or can live without, try disabling some and see if that helps out.

I just saw your latest post showing you are using an iPAD. If you are using Safari, go into SETTINGS>SAFARI and click on "Clear History and Website Data" Then restart Safari and re-login making sure to check the remember me button.

Originally Posted by vlrigdon (Post 8461572)
Thank you - I cleared cookies, checked the USER CP, turned the iPad on/off, no luck yet! (still working from the computer and this morning's newest password!!! LOL!