Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   Missing Posts - Am I Going Crazy? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/missing-posts-am-i-going-crazy-t229507.html)

AlienQuilter 09-05-2013 04:22 AM

Missing Posts - Am I Going Crazy?

Have you ever posted a comment and you know you posted it and it's not there when you go searching for it?

I have made several posts this morning and can't find some of them. I tried going to my profile and looking at lastest posts and they are not there. Not only that, every time I go to the lastest post list, they are in a different order. Shouldn't it be in sequence for when I post to it?

These were no comments that would be against board rules plus I did not get a message about it being deleted.

Any one else experience anything like this?

NJ Quilter 09-05-2013 04:36 AM

I've had that issue every once in a while. Figure it's my browser most times. Sometimes my browser and qb just don't want to play nicely together. Sometimes if it's a really important (to me) comment, I'll re-post. Other times if I'm just repeating what others have said, I just let it go. Depends on my mood. Frustrating nonetheless.

AlienQuilter 09-05-2013 04:54 AM

Thank you - I'm not alone! I'm trying this in Chrome right now and it's still the same. It's not just one post - it's several!

AlienQuilter 09-05-2013 04:57 AM

My main post shows up in latest posts, but the comment right above this one does not. And I have noticed on posts that I have started in the past that it will show all the posts that I have made in the Profile - show lastest posts. I wonder if we have gremlins at work!

Tartan 09-05-2013 05:00 AM

The order of your posts and threads can change positions in your profile just like the regular board if someone adds a comment at a later date. It doesn't usually happens too often though. Doesn't it drive you crazy when a thread is pulled and it just disappears? I wish that would leave the thread title, delete the content and just slap a label on it!

AlienQuilter 09-05-2013 05:24 AM

"Doesn't it drive you crazy when a thread is pulled and it just disappears? I wish that would leave the thread title, delete the content and just slap a label on it!" I agree!

And these posts are still not showing up in lastest posts, just the main post. And I'm not in the wrong spot because the other posts that I have made to other members threads are there - well, not all of them!

nativetexan 09-05-2013 06:17 AM

If a post is moved you should get a PM. not sure about the order of them changing though. may be a browser thing!

willferg 09-05-2013 06:49 AM

Sometimes posts get moved to a different category. I've come across something and thought, "Wait, I read that before!" and realized it got moved from main to general chit chat or something.

DOTTYMO 09-05-2013 09:14 AM

I thought it was me who forgot to press " post quick reply".
I'm not going mad.

newbee3 09-05-2013 09:37 AM

go to your profile and it will show thr recent posts just click on that