Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   new board freezes/crashes computer (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/new-board-freezes-crashes-computer-t172408.html)

JerseyGirl in FL 12-18-2011 06:23 AM

new board freezes/crashes computer

Does anyone else have this problem? Since the inception of the new (UGLY) board, every time I go to look at a post with pictures, my computer freezes/crashes. NEVER had this with the old board. Also, what is with having to move the bottom bar in order to read the entire message? Again, this was NOT the case with the old board.

patricej 12-18-2011 06:51 AM

3. Provide technical information about the computer you were using when the event occurred. (brand, model, age, how much memory does it have, processor speed, etc.)
4. Which operating system are you running? Which version?
5. Which internet browsing software (and version) do you use? (i.e. MS Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
6. Who is your Internet Service Provider?
7. Which access method do you use? (dial-up, DSL, cable, or satellite)

fatquarters 12-18-2011 07:00 AM

My ipad does this too when I try to view a picture, if is text alone, I am fine. My ipad is only a year old and worked fine viewing the old board

QuiltE 12-18-2011 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by JerseyGirl in FL (Post 4791153)
Does anyone else have this problem? Since the inception of the new (UGLY) board, every time I go to look at a post with pictures, my computer freezes/crashes. NEVER had this with the old board. Also, what is with having to move the bottom bar in order to read the entire message? Again, this was NOT the case with the old board.

FYI ... it isn't happening to everyone. All's well here.

As PatriceJ has asked ... provide her with the required info, and I bet she'll put her Sherlock Holmes hat on to sleuth it out.

lwbuchholz 12-19-2011 02:47 PM

I am having that problem too. I have dial up so figured that was the cause since every site I use that "upgrades" makes it very hard for me to use it.
Lynda

Deb watkins 12-19-2011 02:52 PM

I have Vista,Windows, DSL and the only trouble I have is self inflicted! Took me a bit to manuever around, but I seem to be doing okay now. I know there are lots of features that I am not using, but for now, what I have works well.

celwood 12-20-2011 05:44 AM

This was happening to me also. I changed from Internet Explorer to Chrome and everything is great (fast too)

Aquarius 12-20-2011 05:54 AM

Yes, my computer does the same thing. I thought it was just my computer. It works fine until I log onto this site then it freezes up and goes very slow. Thanks for letting me know it's not just me.

batik lover 12-20-2011 07:19 AM

somedays my Charter secruity system will not let me in to this site. It says it is a dangerous site. Somedays it will let me in. What is up

LeeJay 12-20-2011 10:52 AM

I too have had this problem. Most of the time when I am trying to print a tutorial, my computer locks up and I have a terrible time getting it to turn off, often having to shut the power off, which is not good for a computer. I have quit trying to print most pictures, which is something I used to like the most about the board. I am not saying it is the board, exactly. All I know is that I had no problem before.
LeeJay P.S. I have a Dell computer, Windows, high speed cable.