Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   photos keep failing to upload (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/photos-keep-failing-upload-t301702.html)

toogie 12-21-2018 10:06 AM

photos keep failing to upload

Hi, I have resized to 13% and my photos will not upload. I can't resize any smaller.... I need help.

Iceblossom 12-21-2018 10:17 AM

I'll watch this thread with interest, Toogie. I'm still having problems myself. I don't have a smart phone but I might try taking pictures with my dumb phone :p

Otherwise, sometimes my pictures will fit/load here and some won't. Typically I use the same camera with the same settings on different pictures of the same quilt at the same time and some will work and others won't -- don't know why other than it is size related, but I don't know why some work and some don't.

There is a thread in the Help section, part of my problems I think stem from using Firefox as my browser and that I don't have Java installed at all on this computer in addition to my various protection programs.

Here's that thread:
https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-hel...g-t166655.html

toogie 12-21-2018 10:46 AM

Iceblossum I went back to my program and kept typing in smaller number sizes until it finally was reduced enough to upload. I quit trying by percentage. I hope that helps you.

patricej 12-21-2018 12:55 PM

The size limit does not refer to image dimensions.
it refers to the "storage size" of the image file.

the limit is 1.9MB

i try to keep all of mine well under 1MB because we still have members with dial-up or otherwise slow internet services.

QuiltE 12-21-2018 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ (Post 8179759)
the limit is 1.9MB

Thanks for that max size as I have given up trying to load pics since I got me new camera.
I had no problems before with my previous camera.
So I just gave up with sharing!

I just went back, and the pics that would not load are all under 1.9, some more than others.

Any other suggestions as to why they have not been loading for me?

Thanks!

Rhonda K 12-21-2018 04:13 PM

QuiltE,

How are you trying to load the pics? Phone, tablet, PC? What program(s) are you using? What is the error message when you try to load the pic?

We may be able to help with the process with additional information.

Wonder what changed in the process between cameras? A setting perhaps? You may check your manual and the settings. Seem there is something about the photo size of the original photo in settings on cameras. It's been a while since I've used a camera since phones are so easy.

With my phone, I send it to me as an email and it usually posts. Hope that helps!

nativetexan 12-21-2018 06:30 PM

have you looked at the information on sizing and such in Photos. just get into Photos and look above the posts. good luck.
when i load mine from my camera, i resize down 50% and again 50%. things changed recently so i must do that. mine always upload here.

QuiltE 12-21-2018 08:23 PM

RhondaK and NativeTexan ... thanks for the comments and suggestions. Will have to investigate and see if I can figure anything out from your suggestions. Yes, I am using a PC. Sorry, it's been a while now since I tried to upload a photo to the QB, so can't really tell you what the message was. However, recently, I did upload a photo from the old camera, and all went lickety-split!

NT ... according to PatriceJ's earlier post, my new pics are well within the max size, so I shouldn't have to re-size, but who knows? :)

It's disappointing, as I do like to share what I make, and somewhat feel as though I am letting everyone down, by only taking and not giving!

Thanks again!

patricej 12-22-2018 06:21 AM

please describe, step by step, the process you are attempting to use.
don't leave anything out, even if you think it's irrelevant.

QuiltE 12-22-2018 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ (Post 8180122)
please describe, step by step, the process you are attempting to use.
don't leave anything out, even if you think it's irrelevant.

I'll try to do another .... and will post the results here.
Though that will not likely be til Christmas is done and dusted!