Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   Political Ads at the QB? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/political-ads-qb-t190872.html)

mmb195152 06-05-2012 07:07 AM

Political Ads at the QB?

I am so disappointed in the QB! I live in Wisconsin where there is a very ugly campaign and election going on. I come to the QB for relaxation, motivation, and friendship. What I have been seeing are frequent political ads! I understand that ads keep the quilt board running, but I think political ads don't belong on this board. If I wanted to be bombarded by intrusive political ads, I would get my land line back. Hopefully the QB will change their policies before the Nov. elections!

kathy 06-05-2012 07:12 AM

if you hadn't brought it up I never would have noticed, I focus on THE BOARD, not what it is surrounded by.

bearisgray 06-05-2012 07:17 AM

I've never noticed any political ads, either. But I usually just don't 'see' the ads because I'm focused on the messages.

eann 06-05-2012 07:17 AM

I'm from WI also, and was shocked to see a political add. We are bombarded day and night with ads, and thought I'd be free of them on the QB. It will soon be over!!!

bearisgray 06-05-2012 07:25 AM

It may be that the ads are individualized to particular viewers - someone from Washington state would probably never see the Wisconsin political ads.

If you can, do a screen shot of the offending ad and send it to a moderator.

You'll have to ask someone how to do that - because I was only able to do a copy and print of a page - and what you will want to do is 'copy' the page into an e-mail and send it to [email protected]

NanaCsews2 06-05-2012 11:20 AM

I am from WI, and have never seen a political ad on here. Ever. I use Mozilla Firefox and Kaspersky Pure. Since the board changed format and I switched from IE to Firefox, I have not seen any ads. Could that be why? Definitely won't complain because I think politics and quilting don't mix.

Sienna's GiGi 06-05-2012 12:00 PM

I've never seen a political add either but then again I don't even notice the advertising.

patricej 06-05-2012 12:17 PM

you have jumped to an incorrect conclusion and hurled unfounded accusations. :hunf:

the QB marketing team does their best to block those ads. they are pushed into the space by google and other providers.

the constructive and helpful thing to do is to send a factual report to [email protected] so they will know that prohibited ads have slipped through the defenses. you may also send the report to me at [email protected] so i can forward it for you.

a screenshot is very helpful if you know how to take one and attach it to an email.
if not, hold your cursor over the ad without clicking on it and make note of the ad's source.

armed with that information the team will take the necessary steps to block the ads.
they will block providers altogether if they don't cooperate.