Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   Pop up ads (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/pop-up-ads-t312522.html)

Irishrose2 09-20-2020 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by costumegirl (Post 8419229)
Yes the large ad in the lower left corner is very intrusive and annoying - after clicking the "x" in the ad's upper right corner it
would disappear but would pop back about every 20-30 sec.
I was super frustrated with it yesterday as I couldn't read postings since it popped up frequently and was blocking the threads.
I clcked on the little icon that sits to the left of the "x" in the right hand top of the ad and it took me to a page where I clicked unsunscribe -The ad is not appearing today. I was apprehensive to do this because I didn't want to have anything imbed in my system so I next cleared all browsing data and cookies and did a system check. Hope it worked with nothing left behind in my system

Thank you. I tried it - didn't get 'unsubscribe', but i got 'opt out'. Done! We'll see what happens.

KathyM 09-21-2020 06:24 AM

Finally got the AdBlocker to work, it's great ! ! !

Irishrose2 09-21-2020 10:24 AM

I used costumegirl's directions. It worked!!!!

leaha 09-21-2020 11:25 AM

wow that ad blocker really works, it was the one in the lower left that really bugged me too, but now I don't have a single one!

mjkgquilt 09-21-2020 01:21 PM

It has not worked for me. I have a question mark to the left.

costumegirl 09-21-2020 03:41 PM

mjkgquilt - I think that it was the question mark that I clicked on (next to the x n upper right corner of ad)and then the next page stated either "unsubscribe" or "opt out" and I clicked that -so far it has worked to eliminate the big ad that was popping up in the bottom left corner - covered part of discussion thread.
Hopefully it wil be gone for the long term but I wouldn't be surprised if it comes back n a month or two. LOL the name of the game for free site use is to have ads to "sell, sell sell"

mjkgquilt 09-21-2020 03:47 PM

I understand sell, sell, sell. Since there is another ad always appearing in the bottom middle area, wish the larger ad on the bottom left would disappear. Of course, I have the option to quit viewing the Quilting Board and may do that.

IBtyen 09-22-2020 08:17 AM

Please post a screenshot of the intrusive ad. Once I can identify it, I can forward to our ad team for removal.

QuiltE 09-22-2020 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by IBtyen (Post 8419698)
Please post a screenshot of the intrusive ad. Once I can identify it, I can forward to our ad team for removal.

The ad varied ...... only consistent thing was the bottom left corner, overtop of whatever was on the screen.

Sorry, that I cannot give you a screenshot, as I got rid of it, using the ? in top right corner of the advert. Then found the option to kill it. So far so good, and it is gone ........ I SO now hope I am not tempting fate by speaking to the matter! :)

IBtyen 09-22-2020 08:54 AM

OK. I was able to grab a screenshot of it. I'll let our ad team know!