Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   Question about a new development on the Board (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/question-about-new-development-board-t278726.html)

Roberta 05-17-2016 05:28 AM

Question about a new development on the Board

Some posts come through as a search type page, most recently the Fabric Slub posting by Tartan. It won't take me to the page she mentions but to a large list of search subjects on Yahoo which I don't use. Is it just my computer doing this?

ManiacQuilter2 05-17-2016 05:52 AM

I can't find Tartan's page either. I checked under her name and it wasn't there, I did an advance search and only this post appeared. I then went thru my history since I remember the topic because I didn't know the term SLUG and it wasn't there. All I can think of that it was deleted but I don't know why. Monitors have the choice of locking a thread.

UncleGravy 05-17-2016 05:59 AM

Possible it was a spam post and was removed by moderators?

The thing I notice is that "quilt" is always linked to an ebay search in people's posts. It's only annoying when someone says something like "hey, I need fabrics to coordinate with the quilt" and I think the quilt link is a link to their quilt - but it goes to ebay instead.

Is that just me, or does it link that way for everyone?

Tartan 05-17-2016 06:26 AM

A fabric slug is when the fabric being woven has a flaw or lint ball in either the horizontal or lengthwise thread. Instead of a stable weave there are interruptions in the spacing similar to when you get a thread nest under your sewing. The original thread was deleted by a moderator stating rule and regulations. I was trying to make others aware of what even a good quality fabric can have.
The highlighted words in posts are a new feature by viglink. It is a hyperlink that generates income everytime you click on the highlighted words. I have good ad blockers but it doesn't eliminate this one.

dunster 05-17-2016 07:03 AM

It is annoying when every single reference to quilt gets linked. I suggest we all start writing kwilt instead.

bearisgray 05-17-2016 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by dunster (Post 7551894)
It is annoying when every single reference to quilt gets linked. I suggest we all start writing kwilt instead.

Good one! I'm not fond of the hyper-linking, either.

Stitchnripper 05-17-2016 07:11 AM

Great idea! I hope i can remember to do that!

Onebyone 05-17-2016 07:19 AM

I like this. I'll try to remember.

bearisgray 05-17-2016 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 7551871)
A fabric slug is when the fabric being woven has a flaw or lint ball in either the horizontal or lengthwise thread. Instead of a stable weave there are interruptions in the spacing similar to when you get a thread nest under your sewing. The original thread was deleted by a moderator stating rule and regulations. I was trying to make others aware of what even a good quality fabric can have.
The highlighted words in posts are a new feature by viglink. It is a hyperlink that generates income everytime you click on the highlighted words. I have good ad blockers but it doesn't eliminate this one.

sluB? I thought your response was informative - and I am not able to follow the reasoning for deleting it.

I do try to follow "the rules and regulations" as I understand them. It would be a lot more helpful to me if "whoever" was more specific as to what rule or regulation was not followed instead of saying "read the rules."

Jane Quilter 05-17-2016 08:06 AM

If this annoys you can go to www.viglink.com/opt-out/ and click the disable button.