Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   Resizing pictures on Windows 8 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/resizing-pictures-windows-8-a-t248700.html)

carrot 06-19-2014 06:24 AM

Resizing pictures on Windows 8

Hello all !!! I had Windows XP and had to upgrade to Windows 8. Anyone know how to resize pictures on Windows 8.1 Paint??? I would rather not download any extra programs...............:thumbdown:
Appreciate any help you can give me !!!:D

Barb in Louisiana 06-19-2014 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by carrot (Post 6764907)
Hello all !!! I had Windows XP and had to upgrade to Windows 8. Anyone know how to resize pictures on Windows 8.1 Paint??? I would rather not download any extra programs...............:thumbdown:

Paint is where I do it.

Right click on the photo
Then click on "Open With" "Paint"
Click on "Image" "Resize"
Percentage
50% "OK" (it starts at 100. 50 is usually right for me to post. After saving, you can see how much difference it made if you open the folder with the file in it and change the view to "detail" If you need to go smaller, go through the whole process and reduce the percentage again.)
File (Upper left hand corner) "Save as" New name...I usually use the same name with sm as the last 2 letters.

Hope this helps.

Evie 06-20-2014 06:36 AM

Just a thought: Since the Board recommends photos to be 800 x 600 pixels for optimum upload, you may want to resize by pixels instead of percentage, which does not always bring the photo down to the recommended size. This is what I use.

abc123xyz 06-20-2014 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by carrot (Post 6764907)

I have Window 8 and to resize using Paint I must right click on edit. This brings up the picture on Paint and one can resize from there. I do not use this method as I open the app called Picture Gallery and right click to resize from there. Either method should work but I figured out the one from Picture Gallery and it works great for me.

lawsonmugs 06-21-2014 07:37 AM

I use paint also. I reduce to 25% it seems to be a nice size for the board using my camera. big pictures still but not to big to download on here. Good luck

maggie_1936 06-21-2014 08:14 AM

thanks, I needed to know too

lawsonmugs 06-21-2014 08:23 AM

After downloading the picture click on preview post to see how it will look. In case you want it bigger or smaller.

romanojg 06-22-2014 03:45 AM

Why not go to Microsoft's website and ask the question. They have some good tutorials for Win 8 there. It's helping me from throwing my new laptop against the wall.