Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   Trouble typing and losing messages (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/trouble-typing-losing-messages-t284339.html)

mac 12-09-2016 10:52 AM

Trouble typing and losing messages

I am going to send you a message without correcting any words. I have been having trouble typing words, as letters will not all appear and I have to keep going back and correcting/adding th letters ta dn't appear. This seems to happen after the second sentence/line I type. It has become vry frustrating. Someimes it will auto correct itself, but usually I haeto go bac nd correct it myself.

The oter hingthatI otce s that the correction red lne comes up befor I have even fnished typin the word. I am not a bd typist, so I d not know why this is happening. Do youhave any toughts?

Also please note that this is he second message that I had to write about this because in typing the first message, the message just disappeared while tping it.

M.Elizabeth 12-09-2016 04:55 PM

Sorry for this problem. I haven't experienced anything like it, so I'm of no help.

Barb in Louisiana 12-09-2016 08:00 PM

I've had strange things like that happen when I let my laptop sleep instead of turning it off. I am running Windows 8.1. My phone has done similar when I haven't turned it off for a while.

lynnie 12-09-2016 08:07 PM

I'm having the same problem, some times I type and sometimes it disappears.
I will be typing and no letter come up. See, will is missing now.what's wrong here?

chance 12-10-2016 04:15 AM

I type my message in Notepad and they copy and paste int Quick Reply.

maviskw 12-10-2016 06:50 AM

I've been having a problem with the letters coming up as I type them. Sometimes they are delayed by 3 or 4 letters. So if I stop, I don't know where I left off. I know I typed in those letters and they aren't there. Then they pop up. So frustrating and time consuming.

P-BurgKay 12-10-2016 07:01 AM

When you type your message, be sure to click on the A/A in the reply box that is above the box. Hope this makes since.

cashs_mom 12-10-2016 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by P-BurgKay (Post 7715785)
When you type your message, be sure to click on the A/A in the reply box that is above the box. Hope this makes since.

I was wondering about that P-BurgKay. I had trouble when I was first here with the typing being delayed and missing letters and someone told me to click on the A/A icon above the box on the left side. It fixed everything.

TexasTillie 12-10-2016 07:22 AM

Thank you for the info about the A/A box ! I was having the same trouble. So frustrating !! But I can see that it works !

maviskw 12-10-2016 07:19 PM

So happy to hear that there is a solution. Now the letters all come up instantly, like they should. Do you think I will remember what to do when they don't? Don't count on it.