Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   Tutorial archive (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/tutorial-archive-t177156.html)

RugosaB 01-27-2012 10:07 AM

Tutorial archive

Just to let the person know who's in charge of such things:

When I go to the tutorial archives, I am not able to go from page 24 to 23, by using the little page numbers on the upper right, it always gives me page 9.
This may be on just my computer, but I don't think so.

Some of the lowered number pages go to page 9 too.

(not an end of the world situation, but I thought I should let you know. If someone has already done so, forget this post)

Up North 01-27-2012 10:12 AM

Did you also send thios to admin> or Patrice?

RugosaB 01-27-2012 10:33 AM

No, I did nothing except post it here. I guess I just assumed they/she would read it

Up North 01-27-2012 10:38 AM

Send this message to Patrice

[email protected]

RugosaB 01-27-2012 12:45 PM

Thanks - Done

mzzzquilts 01-27-2012 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by RugosaB (Post 4916165)
Just to let the person know who's in charge of such things:

When I go to the tutorial archives, I am not able to go from page 24 to 23, by using the little page numbers on the upper right, it always gives me page 9.
This may be on just my computer, but I don't think so.

Some of the lowered number pages go to page 9 too.

(not an end of the world situation, but I thought I should let you know. If someone has already done so, forget this post)

When I click on Archives, then the tutorials, there are only 3 pages. If I go to the regular tutorial forum, there are only 9 pages. Where are you seeing pages 23 and 24?

RugosaB 01-27-2012 07:30 PM

On the right, near the top, there shows, at least on my computer, 30 pages
I took a screen shot of it to show you what I see:

guess that didn't work!

Maybe I can describe how I got there:
I was at the main page of this board
Then, I clicked on Tutorials
After I did that, the page I got had on the right, closer to the top, pages to click on. Started with 1 went all the way up to 30, with some of the numbers in between only showing up as I got close to them.
I sure hope that made sense

Up North 01-27-2012 07:35 PM

I am not sure of your settings but I show 250 on page one of tutorials in the archive section, and two pages.

Up North 01-27-2012 07:38 PM

OOPs I was wrong 3 pages with a total of 580 posts.

patricej 01-28-2012 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by RugosaB (Post 4916233)
No, I did nothing except post it here. I guess I just assumed they/she would read it

it's ok to post it here, too, but if you think it needs my personal attention i will see it sooner if you send it by email.

i think she's referring to page navigation within the traditional view of section topics lists.

what she described is the way it's supposed to work. when there are many, many pages of anything, the navigation bar will show only so many specific page numbers at one time. the range of page numbers displayed changes as you make your way through the pages. you can skip around by using the "Page # of #" drop-down list. Just type in the page number you want to skip to.

lots of web sites work that way.