Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   Using Edge browser in Windows 10 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/using-edge-browser-windows-10-a-t286371.html)

PatPitter 02-25-2017 05:48 AM

Using Edge browser in Windows 10

When I use the default Windows Edge browser with Windows 10 I cannot reply to any thread or post. It doesn't matter if I use the quick reply or reply to a specific message, I cannot type in the reply box. I am using Firefox to post this message.

Is this a known problem?

mzzzquilts 02-25-2017 09:15 AM

I don't normally use Edge, but I tried it to reply to this post and didn't have any problem.

tessagin 02-25-2017 09:42 AM

I try to leave well enough alone! I get into trouble and it's like a bottomless pit for me with a ladder that doesn't go all the way to the top. I have Windows 10 but I also have the QB added to my favorites. I just go there click and i'm in.

slbram17 02-25-2017 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by PatPitter (Post 7772044)
When I use the default Windows Edge browser with Windows 10 I cannot reply to any thread or post. It doesn't matter if I use the quick reply or reply to a specific message, I cannot type in the reply box. I am using Firefox to post this message.

Is this a known problem?

I am using Edge right now and am able to reply...just in case this helps.

slbram17 02-25-2017 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by mzzzquilts (Post 7772266)
I don't normally use Edge, but I tried it to reply to this post and didn't have any problem.

I don't use Edge that much either but I have read it is more secure than some of the other browsers. Firefox is really glitch for me. Even Google Chrome acts up every so often.

cashs_mom 02-25-2017 03:44 PM

I've avoided the whole problem by not upgrading to Windows 10 :D

MaggieLou 02-26-2017 07:16 AM

I have Win10 but don't use Edge. I use Google Chrome. I found Edge isn't compatible with some sites.

mzzzquilts 02-26-2017 08:02 AM

Microsoft dropped "compatibility mode" option, but they did put an option in their tools menu (look for the . . . in upper right hand corner) to view page with Internet Explorer.

Also, I noticed in trying to reply to this by clicking into the box, it wouldn't put the cursor in the reply box to let me know I could type, but I could type anyway. Maybe that's why you think you can't reply, Pat?

vschieve 02-26-2017 01:40 PM

That is why I use a Mac!! I do have a PC with Windows10, but it is mainly for my embroidery software and compatibility with MySewNet (have a Viking Epic embroidery machine with WiFi) and it is pretty much hands off when it comes to Facebook, Quilting Board, Twitter, etc. I try to stay off the Internet as much as possible but have wondered which browser to use as well. Do have Firefox, and Internet Explorer.

Reba'squilts 02-27-2017 04:37 AM

I have a windows 10 laptop dedicated for my Epic. Will have to look at this edge stuff!! It is harder to use then the Mac's but I need it for the embroidery program. I don't use it to surf the internet, just to do sewing work on. I did use it the other day to go to a yahoo Epic site, could not respond to posts, so maybe there is something that needs to checked or "turned " on. Social media is way easier on the iPad for me.