Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   What's new and good about our new format? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/whats-new-good-about-our-new-format-t309714.html)

GEMRM 02-11-2020 04:50 PM

What's new and good about our new format?
 
Now we've had a bit of time and a few tweaks of the new format, I think it would be a good thing for those who are more adventurous and likely to explore what's on here that's new and good and post here for those of us like me who are a little less likely to go exploring!

I will admit I haven't been the type of person to explore all this site offered before, and so I'm trying to change my ways - here's a new thing I discovered that I like (or at least I've noticed it now!)

I like that there is a label showing who started the original thread when they re-post something further down the line. If this feature was there before, I didn't see it. I like to see it as it helps me keep track of who started things (which helps my brain remember their original question/post)

So, please add what you've discovered to help me and the other stick in the mud's out!

PatriceJ 02-12-2020 11:16 PM

  • Forums Drop-Down List ... I can zip around between sections without having to go back to the Home Page
  • Fonts and colors improved since roll-out
  • We can choose between New Posts and Today's Post
  • Mark Forums Read now a convenient option on the Quick Links drop-down list
  • Big, bright red buttons to create threads or post replies
  • links to related threads

MaryLeeR 02-13-2020 03:42 AM

It’s a little easier for me to understand and get my mind wrapped around an instruction. Thank you!

QuiltnNan 02-13-2020 04:04 AM

My favorite is the designation of the Original Poster/Thread Starter throughout the thread

PatriceJ 02-13-2020 10:24 AM

I forgot [at least] one ...

Love the Quick Links.

juliasb 02-13-2020 10:42 AM

For me I love the picture thumbnails. I can see basically what is there and I have the expectation of opening the larger picture. Once I changed the editor a brand new world opened for me. I find it easy to navigate and I can do so much more than ever before.

osewme 02-13-2020 02:10 PM


Originally Posted by juliasb (Post 8360484)
For me I love the picture thumbnails. I can see basically what is there and I have the expectation of opening the larger picture. Once I changed the editor a brand new world opened for me. I find it easy to navigate and I can do so much more than ever before.

Can you tell me what you mean when you said you "changed the editor"? What is that & how do you do it? If you don't like the results, can you get back to where you were before you changed the editor?

PatriceJ 02-13-2020 04:43 PM


Originally Posted by osewme (Post 8360540)
Can you tell me what you mean when you said you "changed the editor"? What is that & how do you do it? If you don't like the results, can you get back to where you were before you changed the editor?

i checked your settings.
you are already using the editor she's talking about.
to see the options, go to User CP.
you have control over a lot of your own settings.

Anniedeb 02-13-2020 09:01 PM

What's good about the new format, is that the changes did not leave me in the dust. I am totally and completely computer/technology/phone illiterate. I accessed the board from a computer. I signed on, and looked at the forums. I mastered posting, and replying, and even posted a picture now and then. With the new changes/format, I still have been able to keep up! Reading through PatriceJ's posts have helped, and I have diligently read through many other posts. I'm slowly checking things out, and exploring.

Peckish 02-14-2020 12:52 AM


Originally Posted by GEMRM (Post 8360025)
I like that there is a label showing who started the original thread when they re-post something further down the line.


Originally Posted by PatriceJ (Post 8360332)
Forums Drop-Down List ... I can zip around between sections without having to go back to the Home Page

I think these two are my favorites. Everything else seems fairly similar to what it was before, comfortable to use.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:42 AM.



SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.