Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   Where'd they come from? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/whered-they-come-t181659.html)

Helen6869 03-04-2012 05:36 PM

Where'd they come from?

I never cease to be amazed at this board! I have looked at the picture forum every day for months and tonight I bring it up and see 5 PAGES OF PICTURES I have never seen before!! Where'd they come from??? can't figure out where they were the other days I looked at the forum. Saw only a few new ones in weeks!! man, go figure. ok. I'll just enjoy and be inspired!

nivosum 03-04-2012 05:41 PM

I have noticed that too.

Jingle 03-04-2012 06:54 PM

Me too, thought it was just me. I have noticed on the front page, items aren't real up to date.

spartan quilter 03-04-2012 08:31 PM

That is why when I come on, I scroll to the bottom of the page that first comes up, and click on ARCHIVE in the black bar there, and you can then click on pictures in the list that comes up, and the newest ones are always at the top of the list. I never go to the home page anymore. Give it a try, and you will never go back to the other method of finding posts.

SoozeeDoozee 03-05-2012 04:19 AM

ditto spartan quilter ! archive is the way to go.

patricej 03-05-2012 02:35 PM

when you are logged in, you might also want to try "What's New?" and then click on "Unread Threads". :)

Scraps 03-05-2012 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by spartan quilter (Post 5032095)
That is why when I come on, I scroll to the bottom of the page that first comes up, and click on ARCHIVE in the black bar there, and you can then click on pictures in the list that comes up, and the newest ones are always at the top of the list. I never go to the home page anymore. Give it a try, and you will never go back to the other method of finding posts.

Good for you for being self reliant, but the whole point of all the "newness" was for upgrades, etc. We shouldn't have to scroll "to find" the old way to do things. I am just having my first problem with not getting daily e mails and all the RECENT TOPICS are intertwined with 10 pages of old postings. Maybe they are working on it.

spartan quilter 03-05-2012 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ (Post 5034179)
when you are logged in, you might also want to try "What's New?" and then click on "Unread Threads". :)

So, I tried that suggestions, and these were the dates on the first 6 threads--March 5, March 2, March 5, March 4, March 5 and then to finish the line-up--December 13 of 2011. I still prefer the ARCHIVE, and that way, you can look at pictures, or vintage machines, or general chit-chat or recipes, and so on. And the newest posts are always at the top. And once you have looked at a post, it changes from blue, to pink, so you know that you have already looked at it. Some things I am not interested in, and I can skip over them. A lot easier to get to what you want to see.

I really appreciate that this option is available. I LOVE IT. And whenever I get the chance, I tell others about it. AGAIN, GREAT OPTION!!!!!

Jingle 03-06-2012 10:18 AM

I have been going to the archive from the beginning but, I do like to look at the home page to see what is there. By looking at different things is why I don't have some of the problems others have had.