Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   Why are my pictures so large? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/why-my-pictures-so-large-t185066.html)

feline fanatic 04-05-2012 06:03 AM

I have notice this as well. Did something happen on the upgrade earlier this week? There is a scroll bar at the bottom of posts but it is still difficult to get a feeling for the whole quilt when we can only view a portion of it at a time. Is there anything I can do on my end, such as adjust settings?

carrot 04-05-2012 06:18 AM

I will be watching for answers. My pictures are also very large this week.

mopec 04-05-2012 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles (Post 5117906)
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........................... ........will try one more time to post this
the pictures were fine and then days later changed to huge
was it an April fool joke?
please check the mystery train the photos posted last month have all been turned to monsters

I am having the same problem and I knew that I had not changed anything on my computer.

lovelyl 04-05-2012 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by mopec (Post 5118241)
I am having the same problem and I knew that I had not changed anything on my computer.

I am having the same problem. I have always resized my pics - never had any trouble until yesterday. Have not changed anything in the way I have been posting pics - but now they are huge!

patricej 04-05-2012 10:35 AM

i have contacted the tech team. in the meantime it is extremely easy to make sure your photos post in a pleasing size.

1. Use the icon with the little tree to insert your photos. do NOT ... i repeat ... DO NOT ... use either the paperclip icon or the blue "Manage Attachments" button.

2. select and upload your photo as usual.

3. once it appears in the body of your post double-click on it.

4. pick the size and position options of your preference. (i usually use center and either medium or large.)

easy peezy.

feline fanatic 04-05-2012 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ (Post 5118775)
i have contacted the tech team. in the meantime it is extremely easy to make sure your photos post in a pleasing size.

1. Use the icon with the little tree to insert your photos. do NOT ... i repeat ... DO NOT ... use either the paperclip icon or the blue "Manage Attachments" button.

2. select and upload your photo as usual.

3. once it appears in the body of your post double-click on it.

4. pick the size and position options of your preference. (i usually use center and either medium or large.)

easy peezy.

thanks Patrice, you may wish to include in this to ensure your settings are set to WYSIWYG. I just now figured that out and finally have the little tree icon. I never had it before! :eek: DOH! It has been almost 6 months and I am still trying to figure the board out.

JoanneS 04-05-2012 12:31 PM

I'm having the same problem - with pictures that are on the site - not with pictures I'm posting. I haven't figured out how to post yet - LOL.

BMP 04-05-2012 12:38 PM

I hate upgrades, if it aint broke dont fix it !!!!! I remember a few months ago at my husbands work (he's IT @ a hospital) they did an upgrade and he was there trying to fix it aor 48 hours....another one scheduled this weekend I wont see him for days !!

patricej 04-05-2012 02:28 PM

upgrades are necessary. they involve a lot of work, so they are not executed capriciously.
there were some things that weren't working correctly and a few that needed improvement.
the techs have fixed the photo problem. i don't know if past posts of oversized photos will go back to normal. but photos uploaded from now on should behave.

sandypants 04-05-2012 03:31 PM

Boy I am so glad others were having the same problem. I kept thinking it was Computer and was swearing at it. I even asked my BIL about it and he didn't think they should have changed just like that. I hope this change will work. Wish me luck.....and thanks for checking on this so soon.