Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   Wish we had a "Like" button on QB (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/wish-we-had-like-button-qb-t190835.html)

tezell0801 06-04-2012 03:35 PM

Wish we had a "Like" button on QB

Just saying ......

virtualbernie 06-04-2012 03:51 PM

me 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dunster 06-04-2012 04:03 PM

I don't agree. If we did, many of the wonderful comments would be lost. I would rather get one comment where someone took the time to say something specific than 100 "likes".

NanaCsews2 06-04-2012 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by dunster (Post 5265620)
I don't agree. If we did, many of the wonderful comments would be lost. I would rather get one comment where someone took the time to say something specific than 100 "likes".

And I agree with dunster. If we posted and only got a like or a dislike, people like me who don't know a whole lot about the quilting world, wouldn't learn much because it is the comments that more times than not leads to others posting links, ideas, tutorials, suggestions, that we all learn and grow from. Those that would wish to only like or dislike something probably wouldn't leave a comment anyway. Even though I don't post my work, when a poster states they love something or it is beautiful or even a slight negative remark, this is what makes me look further into what the posting is. I go searching for those patterns, fabrics, tutorials. So, yes, forget the likes and dislikes button. Bring on the posts! IMHOO

LynnVT 06-04-2012 04:36 PM

Hey, I've suggested that in various posts, too! Most of the time a nice message is in order, and it wouldn't discourage that at all. But for me, many times I just read and don't say anything, if I'm too tired to write anything, or it would be just another, "Beautiful" remark. Sometimes, just giving assent to something is enough. I guess I'm used to the like button because Facebook is the way our farflung family communicates. We still have plenty to say, but often just a simple "like" is appropriate. There is no such thing as a "dislike" button. That would much too negative. JMHO

virtualbernie 06-04-2012 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by virtualbernie (Post 5265585)
me 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My reason for wanting a "like" button is not to use it instead of a comment. So many folks post the exact thing I want to say that I don't comment at all because it's already been said but I would like to acknowledge the quilters work!

barny 06-04-2012 05:55 PM

Just say it anyway. It feels good to hear a comment and to know someone has been on here. We're family! We need to hear stuff. We may be the only ones to comment to that person all day.

Tartan 06-04-2012 07:16 PM

You can type a period and the thumb up symbol to post less than the required amount. It will appear like this .:thumbup:

patricej 06-04-2012 11:44 PM

yes, please. do post a little something. :thumbup:
we have no plans to add a "like" button.