Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   Wondering about memberships on this site (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/wondering-about-memberships-site-t240541.html)

crafty-kid 02-06-2014 03:22 PM

Wondering about memberships on this site

How do you get/earn different level of membership? I see on the upper left side of a post....it will have Member, Junior Member, Senior Member and such near our photo and info about us. I'm thinking it has to do with the amount of posts and such, but can anyone clear it up for me?

0tis 02-06-2014 03:27 PM

It reflects the amount of posts you have on the site - as you increase posts your status changes. This is a great site for quilting knowledge and links.

crafty-kid 02-06-2014 03:29 PM

So what are the different levels and amounts?

0tis 02-06-2014 03:36 PM

If you look at the top of the page "help" click on that and then scroll to the bottom where it lists User Titles or something like that - it tells you how many posts it takes for each level. Hope this helps.

tessagin 02-06-2014 03:42 PM

I've only been on since March last year and when you divide that up into 365 days or # months, you can get a lot of posts which also tells you how much else we don't get done. Oh WEll. This site is like an encyclopedia of sewing quilting and machines used and all different notions and tips and tricks. But also remember some of us (guess I should only speak for myself) go through some of the posts and don't comment. Always learn something.

Originally Posted by 0tis (Post 6559306)
If you look at the top of the page "help" click on that and then scroll to the bottom where it lists User Titles or something like that - it tells you how many posts it takes for each level. Hope this helps.

crafty-kid 02-07-2014 03:19 PM

Yes...it's a very helpful place. And always fun to see what others are doing!

beaglelady 02-07-2014 03:22 PM

I love this site. I am always learning something. The pictures of quilts are so inspiring!

Evie 02-08-2014 09:17 AM

It really doesn't matter what your member status is, so don't fret too much. I think except for being able to post items to sell, everyone benefits from and has access to all the great information and inspiration on this board.

oldtnquiltinglady 02-08-2014 09:45 AM

I love this board, and am here most days, even though I don't always say something. Sometimes I am so aggravated at my keyboard that I just let the comment slip by. But I do read, and check back to see where someone is from periodically (where is the question mark here), and run copies of some of the posts for my daughter to read (I can't get her to join, she is "too busy on Pinterest"). Can you tell I love this board.....

teacherbailey 02-08-2014 02:52 PM

I am sort of a "binge poster"....sometimes I post 10-12 comments in a day and then I might go a month just reading the posts, checking out the links and all, and not post. No big deal either way. Just enjoy learning and getting inspired here!