Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Trying to post a picture

Blog Entries

Trying to post a picture

I also posted this comment in pictures. First problem I don't see any 'insert image' icon that I'm supposed to see. Guess I have to select that icon before I can move forward, so if anyone can help me, I would sure appreciate it. I have followed this forum for years and never posted a picture. Have a few I'd like to show you all. Thanks.
    rvsfan
    A Ricky Van Shelton fan

Blog Entries
    go to settings/general settings. scroll way down, choose WYSIWYG, save settings
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

First you need to modify your settings to WYSIWYG.

When you are on the qb there is brown menu bar at the very top of the screen. You will see "Welcome, yourscreenname notifications my profile settings and logout"

Click "Settings"
    From that screen scroll all the way down and on the left side of the screen click "general settings" which is under the header "My Account"

From this screen scroll all the way to the bottom until you see the heading "Miscellaneous options" and click the radio button that is next to "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG editing"

Once you do that you should see the tree icon for inserting photos. You must ensure your photo file size is small enough for the QB. This is the problem most people have. I have reset my camera so it takes photos of much smaller file size. This does not shrink the physical size of the photo, simply the amount of pixals so the photo is of smaller file size. Most people have their cameras set at the max and that is only needed for printing in professional publications. For sharing on the web or even printing on a home printer the much smaller size is fine.

BTW WYSIWYG stands for What You See Is What You Get.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
    First you need to modify your settings to WYSIWYG.

When you are on the qb there is brown menu bar at the very top of the screen. You will see "Welcome, yourscreenname notifications my profile settings and logout"

Click "Settings"
    From that screen scroll all the way down and on the left side of the screen click "general settings" which is under the header "My Account"

From this screen scroll all the way to the bottom until you see the heading "Miscellaneous options" and click the radio button that is next to "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG editing"

Once you do that you should see the tree icon for inserting photos. You must ensure your photo file size is small enough for the QB. This is the problem most people have. I have reset my camera so it takes photos of much smaller file size. This does not shrink the physical size of the photo, simply the amount of pixals so the photo is of smaller file size. Most people have their cameras set at the max and that is only needed for printing in professional publications. For sharing on the web or even printing on a home printer the much smaller size is fine.

BTW WYSIWYG stands for What You See Is What You Get.
    Saw Miscellaneous attachments but not miscellaneous options. Sorry I am so dumb. Maybe my pictures just aren't meant to be posted.
    rvsfan
    A Ricky Van Shelton fan

Quote Originally Posted by rvsfan View Post
    Saw Miscellaneous attachments but not miscellaneous options. Sorry I am so dumb. Maybe my pictures just aren't meant to be posted.
    Why would you post this? No one has insinuated that you are dumb and we love everyone's pictures and yours are no exception. I know first hand how frustrating it can be to not get complete instructions in how to do something and when the board first changed it took me a long time to find it. I was trying to make it easy for a fellow QB member which is why I took the time to type out step by step instructions.