Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
What does it mean when photo uploads continue to fail? >

What does it mean when photo uploads continue to fail?

What does it mean when photo uploads continue to fail?

Old 01-14-2015, 12:13 PM

Default What does it mean when photo uploads continue to fail?

I'm having constant difficulty uploading photos (to the vintage machine section). Does anyone know why? I have an excellent broadband connection, so I'm sure it's not timing out. I just uploaded a large album to Facebook a few minutes ago with no problems. Why is there no success here???
Old 01-14-2015, 12:47 PM
Power Poster

There is a limit to how many bits or bytes it can have. Can you tell I'm tech illiterate? I can only upload directly from my iPad but others know how yo use their computers. I think the Help section of QB has a sticky at the top with some guidelines.

Last edited by Tartan; 01-14-2015 at 12:53 PM.
Old 01-14-2015, 01:19 PM
Power Poster

Sounds like you need to resize your photos before trying to upload them. Visit the help section there is instructions on resizing, what sizes are acceptable and how to upload them
Old 01-14-2015, 02:00 PM

Thank you both... I wondered if that might be the problem, although I've uploaded from the same camera before with no problems!
Old 01-15-2015, 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by Ellpea View Post
I'm having constant difficulty uploading photos (to the vintage machine section). Does anyone know why? I have an excellent broadband connection, so I'm sure it's not timing out. I just uploaded a large album to Facebook a few minutes ago with no problems. Why is there no success here???
It is because you need to re-size the photos to make them upload easily. Make each photo smaller or use a program that converts your photos for web and devices and you should have success.
Old 01-15-2015, 05:14 AM

I miss seeing many photos on QB because they are not resized. Our home svc. Is slower than "hot spots" so I don't even wait for the pic to slowly download for my viewing pleasure. I miss seeing alot of great projects. No, i don't have time to spending reviewing older posts with pics when I get to a faster hot spot.

Facebook allows you to reposition your uploads then It captures (crops) your photos to fit their parameters. Here.....you need tp resize them then upload the pictures. I use an App for resizing photos on my tablet.

Sandy
Old 01-15-2015, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Ellpea View Post
If you take the photos of your quilts with your cell phone or iPad (if you have one), and text or email them to another device from which you upload, they will automatically be "resized" and you won't have to do it "manually".
Old 01-15-2015, 09:29 AM
Power Poster

Seems like the biggest problem on here to post pictures is the picture needs to be downsized. I open my pictures with Paint and resize it there . Just about the time I learn how to post well the format gets changed.lol.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:15 PM

Thank you all for your help!