Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 28 of 57 FirstFirst ... 18 27 28 29 38 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

Great finishes everyone!!!! Y'all are amazing, as I say so often!
    I am having a great time here in Ohio with my grandbrats, the time is just flying by so fast!
    I got the official word that I will be getting my new knee on April 23rd, so I am going to have to really get after that colossal tshirt quilt when I get home! I am determined it will be finished and on it's way home to CA before my surgery!!!
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Carriem your quilt is beautiful. I love the colour range that you've used. I bet your friend from the retreat must be thrilled to bits to be given it.

Everyone is doing great, what an inspiration! I started the year with 25 UFO's, 2 crib size quilts and the rest are 60 by 80 or larger. I was able to finish 3 this month for a total for 6 an my goal is to complete them all before the end of the year. I have not started any new projects and would really like to finish all UFO's before starting something new.

Good luck everyone and keep up the good work.
    Wendy

Asimplelife: Great finishes! Expecially like the qult but then stars are always my favorite.

simple: Great job! The quilt is beautiful, I love the color combination. And the stockings...I love Christmas! Now I need to go try to remember how to make my pictures smaller so I can post my recent finishes here.

asimplelife--I really like your star quilt. The stockings are cute too.

Blog Entries

Finish for March

This was the first QAYG that I attempted. Except for the fact that I messed up in my orientation of one of the back panels, I'm pretty pleased with it....and I actually did a "not so bad for me" meandering on it!
    And it's my best binding to date!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  276.9 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mary--great job on your first QAYG project! You will have fun using that next fall!!

ShadowIrish: What a cute quilt. Did you like doing QAYG?

started 22 years ago

On my daughter's 10th birthday she & her friends painted these squares. There were 10 girls there so some of the squares have gotten misplaced but I came up with 7 so I put 1 on the back. That was 22 years ago & I plan on giving it to her on her 33rd birthday this August.
    It's still got the binding to go & a label but I'm counting it as my March finish. I plan to do those in the next couple of days so that it will really be done before I have surgery for severe carpal tunnel on my right hand. (7 weeks post op on the left one now).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Joyce T, RN retired
    Laughter is the best medicine

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michelleoc View Post
    ShadowIrish: What a cute quilt. Did you like doing QAYG?
    Hi michelleoc,
    I did actually! It lined up much better than I thought it would and I was chicken to try meandering a large piece,so did this in two pieces. I messed up in the placement of one of the back side panels (and I checked it several times!) but overall it was easier than I had anticipated. I will try it again...but I also think I gained enough courage to try and quilt a whole quilt in one piece.

I also think black thread on black fabric is very forgiving!
    Last edited by Shadowirish; 03-31-2013 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Added thought

Mimi - what a wonderful gift for your daughter! That is just precious.

Name:  DSC01390.JPG
Views: 166
Size:  137.4 KB2nd UFO for March, made all with scraps. This was from August 2011.Name:  DSC01393.JPG
Views: 167
Size:  103.7 KBBaby Quilt that will be going to England.Name:  DSC01394-001.JPG
Views: 169
Size:  115.3 KBFMQ on domestic machine. Still trying to get used to not having quilts on a frame. 3rd UFO for March.

mimi--what a special gift for your daughter.

michelleoc--a couple more UFOs to check off the list. I like the baby quilt...good job on the quilting

Blog Entries
    Oh nice finishes--such different colors and designs. I really like the soft colors of the baby quilt
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

I've just found this thread - what a brilliant way to spur us on. I'm now itching to finish my UFOs, from my gorgeous 9 month old grandson's quilt to the two wall hangings and the big 'o' bag I'm making with a friend for a member of our quilting group to the hand pieced 'thingy' on my design wall to ... Oops, I think I'd better stop posting and start sewing!

Great finishes you guys! Everything is looking wonderful! Lorrainep, welcome to our numbers! I've only been here a little bit but I have found that this board is a great motivator for getting things done. Good luck, and can't wait to see your finishes!

OH! So much has been accomplished while I was gone! Ring the bells & sing the song!!!! I loved everybody's finishes!
    A special note ta Carrie. I saw your purple & orange quilt & had ta do a 'double take' look back at your name. I doesn't look like a quilt ya would make. However it is just stunnin'! Once I read your post I understood & I'm quite sure your friend will love it.
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Amazing everyone! Everyone has been so productive. I am still plodding along with my March. Just have the hand work on the binding then it will be done. Saw some very ambitious plans for April, havn't decided what mine will be yet. As you decide please share.

Lorraine - welcome to the UFO thread! I've found it a very helpful motivator.
    Emma - the advantage of finishing your project now, you get credit at the beginning of the month and that takes the pressure off! I was working on something for March that didn't get done til yesterday. Hoping to post it today and viola, I've already accomplished something for April!

Michelle: Beautiful job of rationalization and I bet the nice people on this thread would let me get away with it. Problem is I made the rule that I will finish one UFO a month, so even if I finished it in Dec. it would still be March's UFO. I know I should have thought the "rules" out more carefully.

Emma: Bottom line, you are almost finished with your project! Yay!

Michelle- I agree that's a great way to look at it! Now if I can just get off my duff and get moving on April's UFO...I HAVE to get this one done, it is a commission piece and I want it OUT OF MY HOUSE before I deliver our 2nd child at the end of the month. Seriously, this is one project that just has to go!

Michelle: You are so right! I am actually proud of my finishes since I am notorious in my family for my starts. I think I get so intense about it because I don't want to loose my momentum. Thanks for the refocus, after all I am having fun.
    Narnian: Talk about a deadline. The last month of my pregnancies I did alot of vegetating. Kept waiting for that last month surge of energy, never came. Condradulations on the little one!

Quote Originally Posted by Mariah View Post
    This is my recently completed Quilt of Valor. This is my first, so of course I am hyper-critical of my own work. It will go to the long armer in a couple of weeks. Mariah
    looks absolutely fabulous to me! You have one done, I am still in the thinking stages of getting one done. We are our own worst critic, aren't we.

Page 28 of 57 FirstFirst ... 18 27 28 29 38 ... LastLast