Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ... 28 37 38 39 48 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

Blog Entries
    All different and yet have the same "thread" through out, SheriR.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

SheriR those are just so pretty! I love 9 patches and those stars in the sashing add so much. Really, really nice work!

Sheri - do you sleep at all?!?!? Your quilts are beautiful!
    asimplelife: Welcome back! Your quilts are just beautiful as well. I was looking at the first one, thinking that it looked so cuddly. Then I saw the second one, and it made me wish for fall. We haven't even hit the hot of summer and I want it to be fall (I don't do heat, it makes me whiny). I'm going now to check out all the work you've done on your room.

We're getting toward the end of the month and I'm taking my main sewing machine in for the second time to be fixed. The needle down button doesn't work and I've realized it's a real pain when you're trying to FMQ and the needle doesn't stop in the down position! I have five quilts that are waiting for FMQing. I may end up taking a loss for June and making up for it in July!

Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    Oooooooo, that is awesome Vicki. Like that one. Now do one for my nephew please. It is on my to do list, but none of my UFOs are masculine anymore.
    Love yours too...looks like could be masculine too. I don't do alot of masculine either, but my daughter in N.C. had found all this paisley in maroons & blues & rusty browns & beiges (at a local thrift shop) & sent it all to me...so I added the lighter hues & blenders in blue & maroon & the quilt was born! Took me long enough to finish though!!! I love the way this turned out, but I only do "one of a kind" things, so hustle up Girl...your nephew's awaits your masterpiece for him!

I'm retired and can do what I want all of the time. You ladies put me to shame, You're so productive. Sheri I just love that pattern, you are just churning them out. So much fun to see how the variation in color changes each one.

Asimplelife: Both quilts are so different but so special in there own way. Love that teal in the string one. My "May" quilt is a string but it is going to be 130X130 so it may be my May-June-July quilt.

This thread has really helped me stay on track this year. Even if I am not completing one a month, they continue to get done and that feels really good.

Some more great finishes this week! I will hopefully have one by the weekend...just a little quilting and then the binding left.

Blog Entries
    Don't you just love that pattern SheriR? I enjoyed that mystery train ride. I am teaching this at the LQS for a fun class this summer. I better get a few made soon. LOL

Nice job asimpleife. You are doing great to stay on track #45. Yipppppeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Quote Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
    Don't you just love that pattern SheriR? I enjoyed that mystery train ride. I am teaching this at the LQS for a fun class this summer. I better get a few made soon. LOL

Nice job asimpleife. You are doing great to stay on track #45. Yipppppeeeeeeeeeeeee
    I really think it's perfect for my grandma quilts. Variety in the 9 patches but uniqueness in the borders/stars. Cutting is taking FOREVER, but once I finish I'll be a sewing mad woman!
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

Blog Entries
    Then you want to come and cut up my scraps. I need to buy me a bunch of blades and just start cutting and tossing into buckets. Maybe I will do that next month when I take breaks from my longarm quilting. this way I can just leave the mess out and cut when I want. Maybe take them all up to the spare room (as soon as it is cleaned) set up the table and mat then go to town. this way I can have all the containers laid out and toss them into the designated size bin. Wow, thanks for letting me think of that. See, pays to look at those beautiful quilts.

Beautiful finishes everyone! I'm about to cheat and send half my UFOs to Oklahoma for the tornado victims. I have some sheets from yard sales to add for backings. Guess I need to send a bit of cash along for batting. . .

Mom-6: Good cause. There are only a few letters that are different between a finish and just plain finished.

June UFO done!! I bought this fabric when it was on sale...it has lots of gold metallics. Then found this pattern (Vanilla Sky; free from Benartex http://benartex.com/page/page/page/p...k-road-247.htm). It worked so you could see the fabrics without cutting them up too much.

I started the 4 main blocks almost 2+ years ago and got all the quilting done. They are 24" square. Then I just put it aside because I wasn't sure how I wanted to finish it. I didn't have enough fabric for the borders like int the pattern, so opted to do a piano key instead.

The original quilt was square...I added partial blocks to the top and bottom and changed the layout. The narrow purple sashing is a method of QAYG...then on the borders I did a different method of QAYG. It is not perfect, but finally done.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here is the link again...when I click on the one above is says "page error"

http://benartex.com/page/page/page/p...k-road-247.htm

The pattern is with the "Silk Road" line of fabrics.

That came out really nice!

Blog Entries
    Always love it when a quilter builds on an idea. Nice jewel tones, Carrie. Must show to my junior sewer. She was pointing out fabrics in a scrappy that she likes--jewel tones for sure--hard to find in Gma's stash!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Blog Entries
    I like how you changed it up Carrie. That turned out nice. Love the purple addition with the gold mettalic. Always a good combination.

Blog Entries
    I finished one last night, finally again, but this one has been around for about 16-17 years. At least I knwo the fabric was and was assembled last year, yep during the 120 quest, but did not get it quilted till now and the binding is on. Not like the five sitting there waiting for binding. LOL My husband bought this fabric from our old business, Great American Bazaar, from a vendor there who purchased the swatches from fabric dealers. Did not have enough of each to do on their own, so why not combine fruit and flowers. I love both so seemed the best idea. The sashing is from some left over fabric I had that is from Laura Heine's fabric collection from about the same time frame. When I Lived in Billings, Montana, went to her shop all the time. When in town, I still stop in and see her beautiful work. Her shop is Fiberworks. You can view online. The borders I found on sale a couple months ago here in Spokane at Haddies. Worked for me. Now, only four more of my own sitting there ready to be quilted.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    I'm amazed at what you have all accomplished, QuilterMomma. I envy your ability to get them done!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

QuilterMomma--that is a pretty quilt. Great job on another finish!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
    Always love it when a quilter builds on an idea. Nice jewel tones, Carrie. Must show to my junior sewer. She was pointing out fabrics in a scrappy that she likes--jewel tones for sure--hard to find in Gma's stash!
    Just showed it to Emily--she says "oh cool!"
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Blog Entries
    I am in still in awe of my work last year on finishes. I give credit for the current finishes to the doctor who did the back surgery, it has freed me from the great amount of pain I was in and now I can do so much more again. Now I need to get that Steelers quilt done.

What a beautiful quilts Beth! All of them are stunning but like I told you before the last one especially. Is that a hard pattern to make and what pattern did you use if I may ask?
    Anna Quilts

Wow, what amazing quilts!! Fantastic work by all of you, I'm so inspired by your work.
    I have just joined the Quilting Board, and have had a lovely morning looking through a couple of threads. I have only been interested in quilting/patchwork the past two years, yet still have accrued quite a lot of fabric in that time!
    I have a few UFOs already, mainly due to having a busy life and a sore wrist that has stopped me sewing for 6 weeks...so frustrating.
    The problem with going on the computer means I am getting so many more ideas that I know what to do with!
    Not that I am going to stop looking and investigating, oh no!!
    Some day I will be able to present you all with a completed UFO...sooner rather than later I hope!

Keiss: Welcome. This is one of my favorite threads. As they say, "So many quilts, so little time". This site is especially bad, or good depending on your point of view. Hardly a day goes by that I don't bookmark, download or design a quilt from this website.

Lovely quilt, carriem. I've always loved green and purple together.

Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ... 28 37 38 39 48 ... LastLast