Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 39 of 57 FirstFirst ... 29 38 39 40 49 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

oh, I am in such awe of you ladies. WOW! If I could just be *tenth* as productive, lol!!

gorgeous work, all of you. the pictures just fascinate me!
    thanks so much for sharing!

Carriem - such a pretty quilt! Green and purple is one of my alltime favorite color combinations - good on you for making it work out so well.

And QuilterMomma you are getting things DONE! LOL I love how the quilting sets off those beautiful flowers.

I've been working on getting several UFOs to the flimsy stage the last 2 days. I brought out my Pfaff as I love adding borders using her IDT (built in walking foot). Never a wave in sight and I don't pin them or measure them. Hoping for a few more June finishes!

Blog Entries
    I know what you mean on a few more finishes for June. I have one on the longarm that I have had for some time as well and just playing with some more quilting ideas so I am ready for the customer quilts that are waiting for that touch. saw those flimsies you have done, love them.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

QuilterMomma: Your finished quilt is lovely, and the quilting around the flowers is perfect!

Blog Entries
    Thank you. I am truly enjoying feathers and adding different fillers. Getting primed up for some intense quilting on another UFO.

I am trying to complete 8 muslin bunny dolls in my UFO pile. I had parts and pieces left from my years of working the craft show circuit. I want to make one for each of my girl grandchildren, and then can send the rest of the clothes to a friend that has many grands that collect American Girl dolls. What's killing me is I have a scrappy top I did yesterday that I am dying to sandwich and begin hand quilting!! Hoping to have all my UFO's completed by then end of they year

Blog Entries
    You all inspire me to keep going. I had a Jan, Feb, March, and May finish. I didn't get one done in April, and I don't think the one I am currently working on will be done for the June finish either!

All the quilts are beautiful! Carriem, when I am in doubt as to a border I do the same thing you did! Piano keys! That is what I did for my FIL's quilt - besides, it addes color and dimension to the quilt!

Great job everyone! Beautiful work!

Nancy

I'm in. I'm late getting started because I'm a teacher and am just getting free time for summer, but I have one quilt that just needs its binding, another that I've entered in the fair that needs to be quilted before August 1, another two wall hangings that need to be quilted, etc etc. I'm so glad I found you all!

Welcome Mrs. Halibut!

Thank you! I'm inspired and this morning I cut out the design for hand quilting the blocks.

I've had a quilting marathon the last few days and finished up 3 more UFOs... tonight I am off to Vegas for a week of HEAT and fun in the Neon Lights so this will be brief. I'll get the pictures uploaded for now and talk about them later!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Lovely asimplelife! Have a safe trip.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asimplelife View Post
    I've had a quilting marathon the last few days and finished up 3 more UFOs... tonight I am off to Vegas for a week of HEAT and fun in the Neon Lights so this will be brief. I'll get the pictures uploaded for now and talk about them later!
    Great finishes! Have fun in Vegas - it is very hot right now!

Nancy

asimplelife--three great quilts. I am sure you're happy to have them checked off the list.

These are so beautiful...make me want to cry!!! Thanks for posting!!

What a treasure...beautiful!

Very pretty!!

UFO's Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by MaureenT View Post
    Very pretty!!
    I would like to join. How do I post pictures of my UFO? goonberrie

Goonberrie: Would love to see your UFO. The process to attach a picture probably has been covered better than I can explain it but let me see if I can point you in the right direction. My pictures are on my computer. This is how I do it:
    1. Down where you would normally click on "post quick reply", click on "go advanced".
    2. The screen will show a different format for the reply. Scroll down and click on "browse'. Pick your picture out of your computer file. (Very important: Make sure your photo is condensed to the smaller size that is allowed by the QB)
    3. Click on "download". This should attach your photo to your reply. Type in any additional message you wish.
    4. "post"

There are probably much better instructions provided by the site itself but I wanted to respond so that you would know that you are welcome to join in the fun.

Whoops, Goonberrie should have told you to click on "manage attachments" in the second step above.

asimplelife: beautiful finishes, as usual. Do you do your own quilting? They are just lovely. I hope you had a fabulous time in Vegas. (going there during the summer, are you nuts?!?!?!)

Blog Entries
    Oh so love that string quilt you made asimplelife. It is beautiful. I have 8 of my own ufos to quilt and will post once done. Just have to get them done. Still working on customers. I am almost done with one that turned out so pretty, but I have the binding to finish up. Think I may get it attached this weekend. Anyone want to do bindings on all these quilts? I have five items just needing binding.

Quote Originally Posted by michelleoc View Post
    asimplelife: beautiful finishes, as usual. Do you do your own quilting? They are just lovely. I hope you had a fabulous time in Vegas. (going there during the summer, are you nuts?!?!?!)
    My DH is a poker player in his 2nd job and unfortunately summer is when the big tournaments are... So I guess I am part crazy!

I do my own walking foot quilting on kid size and smaller quilts and enjoy it very much (finally!) with my Juki 2010q. I send larger quilts out to a long armer. Besides busting UFOs I want to learn how to FMQ this year.

Blog Entries
    We must be on vacation this month from UFOs right? NOT!!! I am finally getting one on the longarm. I finished up the customer king fractured star. had to turn it and repin five times to get it done. Boy, that was a task. No more of those for awhile. Anyone else have some finishes?

None for me...not sure if I will get one finished in July or not. I haven't sewn much in the last 3 weeks due to shoulder pain. Going to physical therapy now so hope to be on the mend soon.

Page 39 of 57 FirstFirst ... 29 38 39 40 49 ... LastLast