Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4 44 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1403

Thread: 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

They are HSTs trimmed down to 4.5" (I started with 5" charms). I thought the fabrics were so pretty I wanted to keep them together instead of scattering them.

Emma, your quilt is beautiful. One of the first quilts I ever made was an irish chain so I have a special feeling for that pattern. And I really like your 'bricks' side as well. I've not done anything quite like that but I like it.... I think it would be such a nice alternative to going out to buy a large piece of fabric for a backing. Thanks for this idea.

Asimplelife, your chevrons are awesome. I had to look at it quite a while to figure out a way to make those strips that wouldn't be bunches of Y-seams. I can see why your daughter wants one like it.

Great finishes, everyone..... December is getting close.... one more month of this year's UFOs to finish. I'm thinking I won't get another one finished this year. There's too much to do on any ones I have. But, maybe. We'll see.
    --- Jean

I'd rather spend money on my quilting hobby than the therapist.... I'm probably $$$ ahead.... and I'm happy!!

Jean: I am starting another UFO but I am in the same boat as you. I doubt very much I will finish it this year. This one holds a special position because it is the 7th of 14 UFOs I started the year with. Half way there! Tempted to whip up some table runners as small gifts.

I was thinking..... Christmas table runner..... great minds think alike, they say.
    --- Jean

I'd rather spend money on my quilting hobby than the therapist.... I'm probably $$$ ahead.... and I'm happy!!

Blog Entries
    That is a beautiful Irish Chain Emma. You made it and that is what counts. At least to us it looks fabulous and we can't see any pencil marks so you are good. Congrats!
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Speaking of pencil marks...what marking pencil/pen do you all use when marking on white fabric?? I will need something for the next quilt I finish...

UFO Finish #70 since 10/01/2012 is Bouncing Balls. I used a free Project Linus pattern called "Play Ball" at Quiltmaker.com although I changed the borders to make mine a little bigger with a scrappy outer border. I have another one in the piecing stage - the blocks are paper pieced. Started this one in 2007, got it to flimsy stage and finally now it is done!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by carriem View Post
    Speaking of pencil marks...what marking pencil/pen do you all use when marking on white fabric?? I will need something for the next quilt I finish...
    I have a phobia about marking quilts - but have been using a red Frixion pen (that I test on each fabric first) and love it. I've done 3-4 quilts with no problems. I mark lightly and they iron right off.

I will be doing cross-hatch quilting white on white. I don't have any extra fabric for testing as I am quilting it for someone else. It is an old muslin...maybe a sheet?? So am kind of hesitant to mark on it and not have it come off.

Asimplelife: Love your ball quilt. I could so see doing that for a baby boy quilt. The colors, the boarder and even the binding go together to make a perfect quilt.

asimplelife--Another bright, cheerful quilt. I really like the piano key border on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by carriem View Post
    I will be doing cross-hatch quilting white on white. I don't have any extra fabric for testing as I am quilting it for someone else. It is an old muslin...maybe a sheet?? So am kind of hesitant to mark on it and not have it come off.
    I do my testing on the seam allowances on the backside of my UFOs - FYI. But I understand taking extra care with unknown materials from someone else. With the Frixion I mark, quilt and iron within the same day - don't know if it's necessary but like I said I have a bit of a phobia with marking quilts!

Christmas Row Robin

I love that quilt asimplelife! Great job! This is a Row Robin we did back in 2010..might have been 2009! I love how it all came together..even better then I imagined! Such talented quilters we have on the QB. This quilt is going to Illinois to my mom...Her birthday is Dec 19th and she will be 87 years old.

Row Robin Close ups

This quilt is so much more beautiful then the picture shows! There are applique blocks, embroidered blocks, paper pieced...a little of everything! Here's a couple of close ups that I just had to share!

Blog Entries
    Lovely Christmas spirit quilt, missgiglewings.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

missgiglewings--great finish...one more "check" for the year.

missgigglewings - Your quilt is a beauty! I'm sure your Mom will be thrilled.

Primary D9P hit the Finish Line today... it's what I call a "technique" UFO. I wanted to try making double 9 patches so I pulled out some 5" charms from a swap, made about 4 blocks and moved onto the next shiny idea! LOL It will go in the pile for my next Project Linus drop off.

Blog Entries
    asimplelife cold + snow= quilts done!!! Another winner.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

asimplelife--another bright quilt! I've made many D9P quilts...one is sandwiched and ready to quilt.

Blog Entries
    Beautiful D9P!
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com/

Well I *finally* finished the crazy quilt I was hired to do...I've had it since February and didn't start until November. He said it didn't matter when it got finished, so I finished other quilts and then my shoulder started hurting. I don't have a finished picture, but here is the before...I took off the old borders (water damage and moth holes), added a new one, then tied it and put the binding on. I am going to try to get a picture when I deliver it and have a couple tall people to hold it up (it finished 84"x84").

Today I also got the binding on a baby quilt...it is flannel on the front and minky on the back. My sister is due with her 3rd baby in March. (~30"x30")

I will pay for it tonight (shoulder still hurts), but wanted to have both done before the end of the year.

Way to go carriem - I hope your shoulder doesn't get too sore!

My quilting has been interrupted a bit by this little missy who my husband rescued from our freezing cold weather last Friday night when he went to pick up a friend for a basketball game. She had been hanging around his home trying to get inside.

It seems she was abandoned as no one is looking for her, our vet pronounced her in good health yesterday and we have named her Elsa ("Born Free" anyone?). She is such a cuddly sweet natured kitty... my heart just breaks thinking of her shivering and hungry. She is keeping the quilt I'm binding in place nicely as you can see!

Blog Entries
    What a sweet Elsa! Yes ♫ Born free as free as the wind blows ♫

WTG Carrie. Take care of the shoulder, okay?
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Carrie: That crazy quilt is lovely, well worth saving. Would love to be able to look at it close up. Never seen one quite like it. Congrats on the double finish!
    AaaaaHHHHH...... such a cutie. Can't imagine a kitten outside in a Minnesota winter. Looks like she has settled right in and is greatful for the food and warmth.

asimplelife--very cute kitten

Emma--here is one close up I took (again before I tied it). It is a beautiful quilt...too bad they don't know who made it. Just a female family member (aunt or grandma maybe).

Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4 44 53 54 55 ... LastLast